Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
dilligaf

St. Helena. ?

I see nothing wrong with the newspaper or manxradio or whatever using manxforums as just another source of news. Good for mf.

Nor do I; just do it in a timely fashion so that what's published is news, not history.

• Like 1

Nice little job!

You'd have to pay me more than £92k to work there.

We've started collecting...

The population is less than 5000. Doesn't sound very demanding for a 92k salary. Landed on his feet there.

The population is less than 5000. Doesn't sound very demanding for a 92k salary. Landed on his feet there.

Did he parachute in then ?

Does anybody know how these tiny jurisdictions, including ourselves, justify these huge salaries? We pay Town Clerks over here that sort of wonga too. Madness.

• Like 1

Does anybody know how these tiny jurisdictions, including ourselves, justify these huge salaries? We pay Town Clerks over here that sort of wonga too. Madness.

Delusions of grandeur.

• Like 1

And out Town Clerk decided she doesn't like the title and had it changed to Chief Executive. Good money though.

And out Town Clerk decided she doesn't like the title and had it changed to Chief Executive. Good money though.

what a fucking joke these plonkers really are.

a big fish in an even smaller pond

The last number I saw was a pop of 3,700.

More like a tiddler in a goldfish bowl...

Does anybody know how these tiny jurisdictions, including ourselves, justify these huge salaries?

Errrr they don't have to justify ridiculous job titles and stupid salaries because they are funded by the UK Treasury.

Sound familiar?

It should...

Delusions of grandeur.

I've met a few these "captains of Local/Central Government" , "delusions of adequacy " would be more appropriate perhapsflowers.gif