Local elections today

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think any election process is better than all unopposed.

I've had had a few manifestos through my door but they're all crap. They're just full of generic platitudes like 'fairness', 'accountability' and 'value for money'. Nothing about what they're actually

According to Allan Bell few people are standing because of social media trolls. That's why I'm not voting too.

No one knocked on my door. Leaflets shoved through saying sorry I missed you. When we were in..........

Why do they do that?

Lazy people do not deserve a vote. One candidate in our ward may as well have been from Mars, as I had never seen his name anywhere until I looked on IOM today to see who was standing, as we had three votes and only three names through our letterbox.

I voted for nobody, did nothing, and didn't even turn the radio on. I did notice lots of smug smiling faces on various Facebook sites though from people who appeared to be standing. They were usually pictured in empty surroundings trying to pretend that it's been so busy at the polling stations today that they're tired out - when clearly it hasn't been busy at all. They must be exhausted getting back in unopposed, or from catching up with their extended family for the first time since Christmas as they cast their 40 or so votes for them.

So, another model citizen who would not get off their lardy arse to go and vote, but thinks they can change things by moaning on a forum read by, at most, a few hundred people.

Wankers are much of a muchness. It doesn't really make any difference which attention seeking wanker you vote for so why should I bother to try to find the least worst candidate and vote for them? I have never said I can change anything by moaning on here I don't think. I simply don't care either way.

I don't know where you live, but there is a massive difference in candidates where I am. The one that made an effort got the votes.

I'm in Douglas. No changes here. Largely unemployable people looking for ways to keep themselves busy during the week when everyone else has a paid for job.

• Like 1

the idea of voting for the only person that could be arsed knocking on the door, regardless of anything else seems a reasonable enough polital voting strategy to me too.

No need for the sarcasm. ( if indeed it was sarcasm )

Mr Ashford talks a lot of sense and has a good handle on things. That is why he got our votes.

Edit to ad red type.

Edited by dilligaf

the idea of voting for the only person that could be arsed knocking on the door, regardless of anything else seems a reasonable enough polital voting strategy to me too.

I can see why you might think like that, but if you had to round 4000 + houses in three weeks - possibly holding down a job as well - you actually don't have a lot of time at each front door to wait to see if anyone comes to the door. It's not laziness, it's just lack of time.

• Like 1

Which is really sad because he has been hugely responsible for Ramsey missing several great opportunities over the last 20 years.

Like what?
Like the Marina that he trampled all over and publically ruined every consultation meeting (except the one I ruined him at).

Also being at the forefront of being fucking awkward with Trevor hemmings. With a little bit of thought and support TH could have had a massive impact on Ramsey.

The marina is & always was an over inflated pipe dream, Peel has proved that - speaking of over inflated, someone being awkward with him is exactly what someone like Trevor Hemmings needs, if all he gets is wannabe rich creeps like yourself & Bell kissing his ass then he would just run amok like Gubay & that fella in Castletown.

The Marina would have been a very positive thing for Ramsey as it has been for Peel. It has regenerated that area of Peel and it is a great place to go now. Have a look some time.

And it isn't about kissing anyone's arsenal. Trevor Hemmings probably could and would have invested in Ramsey. It would have been a win win.

You typify the sort of mentality wilf young has. Wouldn't be able to comprehend anyone investing in the town and potentially making some money whilst adding real value to the town.

Typical small time manx thinking.

Which is really sad because he has been hugely responsible for Ramsey missing several great opportunities over the last 20 years.

Like what?
Like the Marina that he trampled all over and publically ruined every consultation meeting (except the one I ruined him at).

Also being at the forefront of being fucking awkward with Trevor hemmings. With a little bit of thought and support TH could have had a massive impact on Ramsey.

The marina is & always was an over inflated pipe dream, Peel has proved that - speaking of over inflated, someone being awkward with him is exactly what someone like Trevor Hemmings needs, if all he gets is wannabe rich creeps like yourself & Bell kissing his ass then he would just run amok like Gubay & that fella in Castletown.

The Marina would have been a very positive thing for Ramsey as it has been for Peel. It has regenerated that area of Peel and it is a great place to go now. Have a look some time.

And it isn't about kissing anyone's arsenal. Trevor Hemmings probably could and would have invested in Ramsey. It would have been a win win.

You typify the sort of mentality wilf young has. Wouldn't be able to comprehend anyone investing in the town and potentially making some money whilst adding real value to the town.

Typical small time manx thinking.

I have to agree with all of that, as long as the swans weren't affected by the marina. It really is a shame when people who have the money to spare are turned away, usually for no other reason than they are rich. I couldn't stand Gubay ( can we say his name now ?), but he brought work for many

people and so did Lidiard (can't remember spelling)

Same old same then?

As I said earlier today. Only David Ashford made a serious attempt to win any votes in Victoria ward, as far as I am concerned, so only he got the votes from our house.

But just because he calls at your door doesn't mean he's any good. The few times I've met him on official business, he's come across as a buffoon.

Same old same then?

As I said earlier today. Only David Ashford made a serious attempt to win any votes in Victoria ward, as far as I am concerned, so only he got the votes from our house.

But just because he calls at your door doesn't mean he's any good. The few times I've met him on official business, he's come across as a buffoon.

We'll have to agree to differ on that then.thumbsup.gif

Same old same then?

He ran a nice little quiz at the Outback 10 years ago

• Like 1