Living in the IOM

Moghrey Mie

Sadly, I am not sure I can say the same for the next generation.

They're probably just waiting for your last breath.

You are just the most vile creature. Slither away, please.

It would be easy just to blame it on him being grouchy after missing his afternoon nap. Truth is though he's always a cunt.

• Like 1

Oh please, so sensitive! I'm clearly just taking the piss out of your overly florid posting style, there's no malice! (But you already knew that). Last fucking breath. Jesus. What a dick.

• Like 1

Oh please, so sensitive! I'm clearly just taking the piss out of your overly florid posting style, there's no malice! (But you already knew that). Last fucking breath. Jesus. What a dick.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I liken this thread and the posters moaning in it to people who moan about the pubs being quiet and not what they used to be.

It's because you fucktards are all at home sitting on your fat arses in front of your flat screens drinking tinnies, winning about the price of this and the cost of that, get out and enjoy yourselves, walk over the hills, have a few beers, talk to people.

Moving to England will change only the view out of your lounge window you'll still be the same boring prats when you get there as you are here and I for one won't miss you.

Edited by jim
  • Like 7

I liken this thread and the posters moaning in it to people who moan about the pubs being quiet and not what they used to be.

It's because you fucktards are all at home sitting on your fat arses at home in front of your flat screens drinking tinnies, winning about the price of this and the cost of that, get out and enjoy yourselves, walk over the hills, have a few beers, talk to people.

Moving to England will change only the view out of your lounge window you'll still be the same boring prats when you get there as you are here and I for one won't miss you.

Jim, my cap to you is doffed Sir!

Magnificent.

• Like 1

Sadly there are a lot of good people leaving the island because the advantages aren't what they were for some people. It's easy to say "good riddance" but the truth is that there is a shortage of skilled people in some crucial areas. The health service for instance is finding it almost impossible to recruit for some positions and the service is going to get much worse before it gets better.

Living here is ace. The views, the people, the friends made, the 'basic' lifestyle, easy attitudes to most things.

However - the bloody climate is doing me in. Knees(which have a history already) are becoming worse in the Manx climate. The back is getting worse, lack of sunlight and the ability to get anything resembling fresh veg make me Google places to live in lower latitudes on a regular basis, daily.

For a lot less monthly outgoings, Portugal is becoming a favorite, warm, relaxed living, good food and a relaxed way of life we sort coming here.

I'd go in a shot.

What's keeping me here?

Any day I go out, I meet someone I now know. People I never knew 12 years ago, or even 24 hours ago. People from day one who are chatty, friendly, open and kind.

That is the Isle of Man, and may it never change.

• Like 6

Living here is ace. The views, the people, the friends made, the 'basic' lifestyle, easy attitudes to most things.

However - the bloody climate is doing me in. Knees(which have a history already) are becoming worse in the Manx climate. The back is getting worse, lack of sunlight and the ability to get anything resembling fresh veg make me Google places to live in lower latitudes on a regular basis, daily.

For a lot less monthly outgoings, Portugal is becoming a favorite, warm, relaxed living, good food and a relaxed way of life we sort coming here.

I'd go in a shot.

What's keeping me here?

Any day I go out, I meet someone I now know. People I never knew 12 years ago, or even 24 hours ago. People from day one who are chatty, friendly, open and kind.

That is the Isle of Man, and may it never change.

Christ on a bike, were you holding a spotless white handkerchief to your forehead while you typed that?

The thing is, one doesn't have to justify why one chooses to live on the island and yes, we all realise that life is passing us by by doing so, but whatever! When we try to justify it, as can be seen by the nonsense written here, we are in extreme danger of making arses of ourselves.

I can understand people who might consider leaving but not people who want to move to the UK. Seriously what is the point? It's almost exactly the same as the Isle of Man nowadays. You might get a cheaper house but that's about it.

If you're going through the upheaval of moving you might as well go somewhere worth it like USA, Canada, Australia.

• Like 1

The thing is, one doesn't have to justify why one chooses to live on the island and yes, we all realise that life is passing us by by doing so, but whatever! When we try to justify it, as can be seen by the nonsense written here, we are in extreme danger of making arses of ourselves.

You often do