Laser scanned TT course?

A couple of years ago does anyone know if Sony did actually laser scan the TT course?

I remember seeing two cars at the grandstand with gizmos on them and us being warned of slow moving vehicles on the course.

I'm even sure I remember hearing a report on Manx radio saying the gov had signed with Sony giving them the licence. But now I can't find anything apart from some things saying Sony took some pictures.

A couple of years ago does anyone know if Sony did actually laser scan the TT course?

I remember seeing two cars at the grandstand with gizmos on them and us being warned of slow moving vehicles on the course.

I'm even sure I remember hearing a report on Manx radio saying the gov had signed with Sony giving them the licence. But now I can't find anything apart from some things saying Sony took some pictures.

Have you looked on the "Gaming" section for this forum ?thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

They did scan the circuit and went on to subsequently release 3 editions of a video game featuring the TT course.

I believe a new game is due out for the X Box.(link) http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2016/04/isle-man-tt-video-game-way/

ETA: It was around 2005/2006 when the first edition PS2 game was released.

Edited by Lisenchuk

Have you looked on the "Gaming" section for this forum ?:thumbsup:

Ta

They did scan the circuit and went on to subsequently release 3 editions of a video game featuring the TT course.

I believe a new game is due out for the X Box.(link) http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2016/04/isle-man-tt-video-game-way/

Yeah not that game. That wasn't a laser scan of the course either.

Sony were over in July 2014.

• Like 1

Time for a VR TT Racing Game

Will it accurately depict slamming into something at 150mph or will it have respawns?

I think to make it as close to the real experience, you get one life and then the game becomes unplayable.

I seem to remember Steam had a game last year that once a certain number of players had died in game, the game would cease to function.

• Like 1

Yeah not that game. That wasn't a laser scan of the course either.

Sony were over in July 2014.

Didn't say it was a laser scan but Jester Interactive did do some form of scanning operation to get course detail correct for the original Sony release.

Edited by Lisenchuk

Time for a VR TT Racing Game

It should include plans for making an R1 out of cardboard, that you sit on while wearing your Oculus.

There's an Oculus VR chair at about £599 - not much like a racing bike tho'