• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"About £50k a year to my bank account"?

I reckon Lord Lisvane is probably having to purchase loads of spare undies in town as his days will be spent pissing himself at the vegetables we keep putting up before him !

Lisvane will have quickly identified Corkish as being a flatulent, corpulent waster better suited to the governance of a pigsty than an Island or state. A total embarrassment.

Posted Images

Stop trying to appear to be intelligent Kopek ...

So you thought it was an intelligent post! Thank you, I shall reciprocate in kind when I see one of yours.

ah i do love the way manxforums looks down upon any other similar groups. its quite cute really

It was a genuine observation I don't dislike the site at all but almost everyone on there is moaning about benefit assessments and benefits being cut. There's not much politics discussed outside of that. It looks like most of them are on disability and spend most of their time on there moaning about their benefits being cut.

Edited by GaryPotter

Having listened only to Rodans submission as yet, he does seem to dis[lay an 'here's your shotgun, here's your foot' attitude. and yet, he does seem to have a finger on the pulse of the cognicenti on here, of the way reform should take place but has not contributed to that reform hisself!. That is, that a scrutiny committee of the Keys could perform the role of Legco and yet he still seems to favour the retention of legco to perform this role!

I was disappointed to hear Lisvane appearing to agree with Rodan on the role that scrutiny committees might take, seeming to conflate the Commons committees power, sometimes over indulged, with the perhaps, watered down, of a Manx committee equivalent.

Too much time given to party politics, if it ever happened, not too different to the current Govt party of the power that these might invoke.

All in all, 6/10 to Rodan but, understanding the problems, why has he not introduced measures to reform these?

Rodan seems to understand the power of what we would call 'patronage', yet offers no neutralising affect for this? Perhaps reluctant to propose a flat 50k for all MHKs?

One last point, Rodan hints at the appointment of 'intelligenci' to legco, if these were the choosing of Comin, I would strongly object to that. Too easy for the Govt to appoint minds that would be of their understanding or would lead the Govt to their own requirements.

Edited by Kopek
  • Like 2

Having listened only to Rodans submission as yet, he does seem to dis[lay an 'here's your shotgun, here's your foot' attitude. and yet, he does seem to have a finger on the pulse of the cognicenti on here, of the way reform should take place but has not contributed to that reform hisself!. That is, that a scrutiny committee of the Keys could perform the role of Legco and yet he still seems to favour the retention of legco to perform this role!

I was disappointed to hear Lisvane appearing to agree with Rodan on the role that scrutiny committees might take, seeming to conflate the Commons committees power, sometimes over indulged, with the perhaps, watered down, of a Manx committee equivalent.

Too much time given to party politics, if it ever happened, not too different to the current Govt party of the power that these might invoke.

All in all, 6/10 to Rodan but, understanding the problems, why has he not introduced measures to reform these?

Rodan seems to understand the power of what we would call 'patronage', yet offers no neutralising affect for this? Perhaps reluctant to propose a flat 50k for all MHKs?

One last point, Rodan hints at the appointment of 'intelligenci' to legco, if these were the choosing of Comin, I would strongly object to that. Too easy for the Govt to appoint minds that would be of their understanding or would lead the Govt to their own requirements.

Lord Lisvane seems to favour an appointments commission. And that would not necessarily be tied in to government nominees.

I suppose any intelligent person could be suggested.

Rodent & Lisvane probably agreed on what the Q&A would be over a glass of port, so Lisvane is hearing what he wants to hear.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Andy Onchan

What a glorious day for Manx politics.

I wonder if Lord Lisvane sat through Peter Karran's meandering speech and all that stuff before Houghton refused to apologise and was asked to leave.

Or maybe he took some time off to go round the TT course and have a look at the seals down at the Sound.

If Lisvane isn't pissing himself laughing at Tynwald I will troll manxforums in my underpants.

(...waddya mean I already do)

It would probably be the first time you've done anything on the Internet with them on!

Edited by oldmanxfella
  • Like 1