Beautiful weekend to spend looking out over the IRIS groundworks in Ramsey.

Is this the best that these lot can aspire to, that they have to spend every weekend looking over a building site? I suppose if you've sunk the best part up £25k upwards, you feel like you have to use it, but aren't there better places to park up? Or is it fairly strict where they can go?

2nv9j10.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If I lived in Ramsey I'd rather live in a £40,000 motor home I could move somewhere nicer, than spend £300,000 on a house that will always be in Ramsey.

I'd love a great big motorhome for travelling at leisure around Britain and Europe.   The problem is where to keep it on island. A house sold way down the road from us six months ago and the new res

Yeah I remember when we were kids you could pretty much put up a tent anywhere on the Island. Now it's a fucking ballache as there's so many snitching bastards who won't give you a moments peace.

Don't really understand this myself. A friend of mine refuses to stay anywhere on holiday that is worse than his own (very nice) house. However, I'm perfectly happy to 'slum it' with the family in a small chalet/caravan, but it has to be in a nice location.

My mum has a touring caravan, and will often spend a weekend in a pub carpark somewhere. She seems to like it, so each to their own I suppose, but I'd rather use the 25K of the caravan/motorhome on staying in nice B&Bs or having holidays abroad.

Viz did a 'Top Tip' related to caravan holidays. I can't find it, but it was something along the lines of 'Save money on expensive caravan holidays by simply sleeping in the shed with the kids and crap in a bucket for the weekend'. True.

People used to take their motorhomes out Langness until some miserable twat decided block access with big lumps of wood. I'd like to know who decided to do that, why they did it and what pathetic event in their life turned them into such a fucking wanker.

If you think too many areas are restricted for motorhomes try buying a tent. Even if it's a pop up one you won't get it fully pitched before some moaning that tries to move you on!

Yeah I remember when we were kids you could pretty much put up a tent anywhere on the Island. Now it's a fucking ballache as there's so many snitching bastards who won't give you a moments peace.

Edited by slinkydevil
  • Like 3

People used to take their motorhomes out Langness until some miserable twat decided block access with big lumps of wood. I'd like to know who decided to do that, why they did it and what pathetic event in their life turned them into such a fucking wanker.

Id hazard a guess at the landowner who didnt want the motorhome brigade on his land ?

Save money on expensive caravan holidays by simply sleeping in the shed with the kids and crap in a bucket for the weekend'. True.

I can understand that many just don't 'get' camping and likely a myriad of other minority harmless pastimes. Mind you, I can't see the point of golf so I'm probably just as bad.

Each to their own. Probably the people staying in Ramsey at the moment have children who can spend all day freely running about the Mooragh Park & the beach whilst the parents get pissed.

Plus people don't stay in the motorhome 100% of the time, they will be out & about, eating at the local restaurants, browsing the shops, taking a walk etc.

And finally, people don't look out of the front of their motorhome. The windows are in the sides & the front window is usually blocked off by a door, partition or curtains, so the building work won't actually be viewable to the people inside the motorhomes in the picture.

Is this all ok with you lot? There are many places to go, but Mooragh is a good one for parents & families.

• Like 3

I'd love a great big motorhome for travelling at leisure around Britain and Europe.

The problem is where to keep it on island. A house sold way down the road from us six months ago and the new residents moved in, as did their huge motorhome. Parked in their drive it obstructs all afternoon and evening sunlight from their neighbour's house and garden and resembles a ten foot wall.

They can be an absolute scourge in residential areas.

• Like 5