DEFA consultation Document.

homarus

Good post Al,

This family  and other big business like it have filled their boots for decades from the  ""Manx Territorial waters"" (Notice I said Manx and not Scottish)  that said they have only been doing what they were allowed.

Business  people like the Kings ( like a lot of fishermen ) only  care about bottom line profit and this company is certainly no friend to any conservation initiatives we have in place ,as evidenced by one of it's boats working Mid channel between Isle of Man and liverpool 24 hours a day for the last 2-3 days (According to  A.I.S. and watched by my good self .

That is their  preferred method of fishing,arrive in a location and hammer it until they either fill up their boat or it becomes economically unviable.

The boats this company uses were built to fish deepwater and have no business being inside 12 mile due to the size, power and  damage they can cause without respite to the grounds ,at least with the smaller  ""Puddle hoppers"" ,I believe you called them Al? the grounds get some protection due to their smaller size and inability to fish all weathers .

Was there not a Manx Gov initiative to encourage all boats to downsize to 10m or so(Maybe with this thought in mind) ,a long while back?

Interestingly John King is pretty much admitting that inside the 12 mile in our waters are where the company has it's best fishing .And as we know the bulk of scallops lie inside .

How  many potential jobs and millions of lost revenue to the Isle of Man has just this one company cost us so far?

We must have control of our own waters and as said previously ,it is abundantly clear that unless boats are required to land on Island for checking purposes then we have no control,so therefor by extension it's pointless having a fisheries and conservation department ,if Howard and his fellow farmers back down on this it's open season and business as usual for the big boys!.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by homarus
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

already posted the links in the past.....

#mugs

This was the link you posted in the Gas Extraction thread in April 2017 to try and support your argument that IOM doesn't have the right to the economic benefits of any hydrocarbons in the Territorial Seas  - whilst not being particularly relevant there as it was for fishing rights, it is very relevant here to refute your own argument.

#woodyfacts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, homarus said:

You seem to have a reputation for making statements without proof Woody ,why is that?

iomg don't own the dry bit nevermind the wet.......

2 hours ago, b4mbi said:

This was the link you posted in the Gas Extraction thread in April 2017 to try and support your argument that IOM doesn't have the right to the economic benefits of any hydrocarbons in the Territorial Seas  - whilst not being particularly relevant there as it was for fishing rights, it is very relevant here to refute your own argument.

#woodyfacts

look further back.....

"The most important point and what really matters is that the IOM Government has the proper legal right (via leasehold or through outright ownership) to any economic benefit  deriving from resources within those waters, the seabed and resources beneath that seabed."

You never provided any credible evidence to support your argument in that thread other than stating "i know its true" and you did not address the above point, which all evidence and information I can find would seem to point towards.

I.e. that IOM does exclusively control access to and can derive economic benefit from it's 12 mile Territorial Waters.

you've not provided any evidence to refute that.

Edited by b4mbi

6 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

"The most important point and what really matters is that the IOM Government has the proper legal right (via leasehold or through outright ownership) to any economic benefit  deriving from resources within those waters, the seabed and resources beneath that seabed."

You never provided any credible evidence to support your argument in that thread other than stating "i know its true" and you did not address the above point, which all evidence and information I can find would seem to point towards.

I.e. that IOM does exclusively control access to and can derive economic benefit from it's 12 mile Territorial Waters.

how far is the point of ayre of the mainland?

i have in the past, look further back.....