Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
thesultanofsheight

TT Miracle: Moffatt says something I agree with

BTW, how did you change the names in the post "headers" ?

I always edit in bbcode (using the little switch in the top left). Sometimes a little too slapdash.
  • Like 1

I repeat your quote

....it's quite pathetic isn't it ? Or is it simply the lack of any effort to find an interest, therefore just get pissed. I thought the IOM had a much more intelligent society these days. I was plainly and massively wrong

Thousands of people on the island have their hobbies/interests/pursuits put on hold for two weeks each year.

This is irrefutable fact. And I don't mean hundreds, I mean thousands.

And yet you're the one who is whining.

manxie44 & manxb&b are two different posters (and people I assume)

I hope so.

I couldn't imagine manxie44( or the person I imagine he is) playing guitar in a band.laugh.png

There's a few musos on here, we could start an MF band. rsole could volounteer to be the drum stool as it's the only chance he'll get of having someone sit on his face.

Err don't really understand your point, maybe something got lost in translation (as I'm not fluent in douche)

Maybe if you stopped frothing at the mouth for a second and looked at the ironic post you typed...

You might not be fluent in douche, but you clearly seem to have idiot down to a tee.

To be fair he'll have been faffing about with his log ins for Manxie44 and got confused.thumbsup.gif

Now I can see why you rarely attempt humour.

I always edit in bbcode (using the little switch in the top left). Sometimes a little too slapdash.

I wish I'd known about that button before now. I've hated the quote function on this forum for years.

I did not even know what the BBCode button was for ph34r.png

I did not even know what the BBCode button was for ph34r.png

Yay! You can even change the dates! Make people say what you want, when you want!

I repeat your quote

....it's quite pathetic isn't it ? Or is it simply the lack of any effort to find an interest, therefore just get pissed. I thought the IOM had a much more intelligent society these days. I was plainly and massively wrong

Thousands of people on the island have their hobbies/interests/pursuits put on hold for two weeks each year.

This is irrefutable fact. And I don't mean hundreds, I mean thousands.

And yet you're the one who is whining.

Not just hobbies etc but also essential activities such as getting to and from work each day, going into school to take exams, taking young kids to nurseries/pre-schools before getting to work, getting to hospital/doctor/dental appointments or visiting family in hospital. When the mountain road is closed (and is seems to be most of the time) the coast road from Ramsey is scary!

• Like 1

Each year I see the rip off of locals and visitors alike worsening.

I'd be all for scrapping the TT as a big screw you to those!

So 5 riders, and it's hard to work out how many on the road but I reckon it's probably 6.

So anyone changed any of their views above? I have changed my opinion on the whole event this year. Why the hell we are paying outside consultants to look at growing spectator numbers is beyond me. We can't control this event anymore as it stands never mind if even more people turn up to watch it.

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

Four TT Riders and one pre-TT classic at Billown.

Two visiting motorcyclists

One death from collision between four wheeled vehicles, probably not TT related.

Visitor deaths down, racing deaths up.

So 5 riders, and it's hard to work out how many on the road but I reckon it's probably 6.

So anyone changed any of their views above? I have changed my opinion on the whole event this year. Why the hell we are paying outside consultants to look at growing spectator numbers is beyond me. We can't control this event anymore as it stands never mind if even more people turn up to watch it.

As I've said before, I don't mind the racing - they know the risks etc. What I don't understand is the seemingly blase attitude to death at TT. Compare it with F1 - on the very rare occasion that someone dies they forego the champagne spraying, the drivers have a group huddle in memory of their fallen comrade etc. In TT we get the second placed man bitching about how his engine was not up to scratch compared to the winner's, and radio commentators talking about great racing, and a wonderful festival. Just don't mention the 4 (because Billown doesn't count in the TT stats) riders who won't be going home.

I do think that if it is to continue, which I'm sure it will because of the 1st Manx commandment, that serious consideration needs to be given to a properly enforced island wide speed limit, at least for the fortnight.

• Like 3

Oh yes let's split hairs over Billown because that's what we do to try to ignore the obvious. There were 5 deaths of riders at events over the TT festival period.

You're well off on the road numbers too. However, I can understand why given that our media is so utterly shite at reporting anything.

• Like 1

Two visiting motorcyclists

One death from collision between four wheeled vehicles, probably not TT related.

Visitor deaths down, racing deaths up.

Plus at least 9 transferred to major trauma centres in the UK including two as serious as it can possibly be who may not yet make it and one that will almost certainly be confined to a wheelchair for ever, the others with life changing injuries who still need many operations and months of rehab.

Great festival!

• Like 7