Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
llap

What is the meaning of life?

The meaning of life is to live and be one with nature. flowers.gif

“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.”― Masaru Emoto cat.gif

Llap, yes I did read what you wrote! You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

Basically if you're not happy working now how can you expect to be happy working in the future? Life is what YOU make of it no matter what job you're doing!

And as for the reference to others who can't find anything better that's a pile of shite, we are not a third world country without options no one is forced to do any job!

I swear, bro, there is nothing more better than going out into the woods and hugging a tree to feel reconnected with nature and with yourself. Even if people are around and think you're a nutter, do it anyway. Who are they anyway? They should hug a tree too.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”― Friedrich Nietzsche cat.gif

Who What am I? My answer: I am the sum total of everything that went before me, of all I have been seen done, of everything done to me. I am everyone every thing whose being in the world affected was affected by mine, I am anything that happens after I’ve gone which would not have happened if I had not come. Nor am I particularly exceptional in this matter; each “I”, every one of … us, contains a similar multitude. I repeat for the last time: to understand me, you’ll have to swallow the world.

Salman Rushdie, Midnight's Children

Surely the meaning of life is Gin.

Sounds like chinahand agrees thumbsup.gif

Edit to add smiley.

Edited by dilligaf

Surely the meaning of life is Gin.

Sounds like chinahand agrees thumbsup.gif

Edit to add smiley.

Gin - or the Grape and good old Omar Khayem:

Ah, fill the cup:-

What boots it to repeat

How time is slipping underneath our feet

Unborn tomorrow, and

Dead yesterday

Why fret about them

If today be sweet.

How long, how long, in infinite

Pursuit

Of This and That endeavour and

dispute?

Better be merry with the fruitful

Grape

Than sadden after one, or bitter,

Fruit.

While the Rose blows along the

River Brink,

With old Khayyam and Ruby Vintage

drink:

And when the Angel with his

darker Draught

Draws up to Thee – take that, and do

not shrink.

‘Tis all a Chequer-board of Nights

and Days

Where Destiny with Men for Pieces

plays:

Hither and thither moves, and

Mates, and slays,

And one by one back in the Closet

lays.

The human race is an aggressive cancer, or a colony of parasites upon the earth. Like all other life; reproduce, support your kids and die. One day humans will inevitably screw up sufficiently to become extinct. Enjoy it whilst you are here you'll be dead soon. The meaning of life is easy, it's how to enjoy it that is the more interesting discussion.

Edited by TurricanII
  • Like 1

Llap, yes I did read what you wrote! You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

Basically if you're not happy working now how can you expect to be happy working in the future? Life is what YOU make of it no matter what job you're doing!

And as for the reference to others who can't find anything better that's a pile of shite, we are not a third world country without options no one is forced to do any job!

Sorry, I think we got our wires crossed. I agree with you, I was just trying to stress that the point I made a out jobs wasn't about me but other people. I don't know if life has a meaning or if we give meaning to life but I know what my aim is in life and that's where I'm headed. :) I agree with treehumper though that our meaning is intertwined with nature and modern society has lost some of that connection with nature.

Who What am I? My answer: I am the sum total of everything that went before me, of all I have been seen done, of everything done to me. I am everyone every thing whose being in the world affected was affected by mine, I am anything that happens after I’ve gone which would not have happened if I had not come. Nor am I particularly exceptional in this matter; each “I”, every one of … us, contains a similar multitude. I repeat for the last time: to understand me, you’ll have to swallow the world.

Salman Rushdie, Midnight's Children

Having a Fatwa or jihad on your life probably does give new meaning to it.