I Will Stand As MHK For Onchan Says Rob

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

it had to happen. it was getting too comfortable

All these fresh, new, well-meaning candidates coming forward.   IoM CS must be bricking it at the thought of all these potential new Keys members that will have to be licked into shape.....

I've just crossed out that word you accidentally put in.

Posted Images

Whilst having Louis Group on anyone's CV isn't ideal I think anyone looking to attach the blame for Louis Group's position in any shape or form are barking up the wrong tree looking at Rob.

Louis Group was an over leveraged basket case which was always going to go tits up.

And once you bring in liquidators (into any scenario) then they'll always ensure they are paid nicely to end up telling you there is nothing left really for anyone else.

so far I've had 2 manifestos through one from Mr callister and one from Mr quirk. Mr callister in my opinion has done his homework and actually sets out some plans to tackle the issues the island is facing. Mr quirks was basically what's wrong with the Island but no direction of how to fix things for me a very poor effort. haven't had the manifestos of Mr craig Mr Allen and Mrs edge yet so can't comment on those.

so far I've had 2 manifestos through one from Mr callister and one from Mr quirk. Mr callister in my opinion has done his homework and actually sets out some plans to tackle the issues the island is facing. Mr quirks was basically what's wrong with the Island but no direction of how to fix things for me a very poor effort. haven't had the manifestos of Mr craig Mr Allen and Mrs edge yet so can't comment on those.

Exactly Thommo.

One tiny box on DQ's manifesto covering Public Sector Pension Issue, a load of puff about what needs to be done, but not how to do it and nothing about past 'achievements'.

I await the three manifestos you haven't received yet either, RC's does at least have specific ideas/recommendations and over 2 whole pages on the pension deficit.

Of course, this is not the only issue, but a big one among many.

But, at present, irrespective of being involved (to what extent, I haven't much detail, but think he was late on into the mess and left holding the baby somewhat) with the Louis Group, imho he still has more business acumen and certainly apparent hunger than most of the current incumbents.