Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Boredom

Dropper of world class turd points out the obvious

Omg do not dare stick up for the pompous shite, they picked on Helem Callow over a tree in her garden & a few leaves in the gutter - double standards bunch of scumbags leave other buildings to rot for years, let's talk about Lake Road... I feel like spitting.

• Like 2

The Pitcairn and neighbouring hotels are dangerous... Anything done by the corpy? Not a jot!

David Christian is part of the problem; all talk, all committee meetings, procedure, standing orders, votes in Council, Town Hall manoeuvres, backslapping and drinks in the mayoral parlour, interviews with Manx Radio, and plenty of bull and brass. A Manx politician through and through. And that's just the good stuff. Have I missed anything out ?

And last I looked he was a member of the Royal and Ancient Order of Cleaners of which having been retired eight years I am proud to be listed on the honours board within the Great Lodge as a past Worshipful Master...

Is he still contract cleaning because when he was he was like all others a "hands on" businessman?

Now there is a man who could clean up Douglas (At a price!)

Omg do not dare stick up for the pompous shite, they picked on Helem Callow over a tree in her garden & a few leaves in the gutter - double standards bunch of scumbags leave other buildings to rot for years, let's talk about Lake Road... I feel like spitting.

Vested interests apply!

The Pitcairn and neighbouring hotels are dangerous... Anything done by the corpy? Not a jot!

They weren't hotels - more like doss houses and housed some various unsavoury characters and also some sad and vulnerable people too - who have moved to better accommodation.

David Christian is part of the problem; all talk, all committee meetings, procedure, standing orders, votes in Council, Town Hall manoeuvres, backslapping and drinks in the mayoral parlour, interviews with Manx Radio, and plenty of bull and brass. A Manx politician through and through. And that's just the good stuff. Have I missed anything out ?

They need to have a Douglas Day when they close the town hall and everybody who works for the Corporation comes out and walks round with the elected members to see the state of the town.

it would be a bit like beating the bounds so they know what they are responsible for and can decide how to tackle the obvious problems.

And businesses could do their bit. For a start every business could pull the weeds round their frontage. Even Prospect Hill, Athol Street and Myrtle Street are full of weeds and people must see it as they go to work every day.

• Like 1

Douglas is a town in decline

Change planning law to open empty buildings up for residential accommodation instead of building 100s of houses on green fields in Castletown

• Like 5

This made me pretty angry before

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/efforts-to-improve-shabby-capital/

What right does David Christian have to point out the obvious - that Douglas is a complete dump? He's been on Douglas Corporation in one way or another for more than 25 years. It's largely your damn fault you asshole! Who does he think he's kidding?

The Corpy do a great job with the gardens, the hanging baskets and many other floral displays around town and keep the streets clean. They can't be held responsible for the shitty buildings owned by private individuals and the mess they create.

I think Douglas Corpy do a damn good job, (at least the gardens and cleaning dept. do).It's businesses that need to buck up and raise their game.

I went past the back of KFC today and it is disgusting, with rotting food and fat everywhere. It is firms like this who need a rocket up their arses or get closed down, the Corpy can only do so much.

not much the corpy can do about the inside of kfc...

Douglas is a town in decline.

Douglas is just the visual barometer for the gradual decline of the Island as a whole. The decline has also been in inverse proportion to public sector wages and pension liabilities created as a reward for the ever increasing incompetence in our gilded palace of sin.

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 4

I knew her. Nice lady.

• Like 1

Nip up to the Steve Hislop statue anytime between 9.30 & 11.00 Mon - Fri there is a high chance you may see a Bye Law officer dropping pastry flakes down his jumper........

Nip up to the Steve Hislop statue anytime between 9.30 & 11.00 Mon - Fri there is a high chance you may see a Bye Law officer dropping pastry flakes down his jumper........

What's he doing? Trying to spot bye law infringements in Douglas from 2 miles away through a telescope?

That or drinking tea in Harry's Caff. They should do a laziness tour of Douglas where you can follow the Corpy workers from haunt to haunt. Drinking tea, eating bacon baps, or scoffing cakes whilst turning a blind eye to any breaches of bye laws or laws by your mates.

Edited by GaryPotter
  • Like 2

That or drinking tea in Harry's Caff. They should do a laziness tour of Douglas where you can follow the Corpy workers from haunt to haunt. Drinking tea, eating bacon baps, or scoffing cakes whilst turning a blind eye to any breaches of bye laws or laws by your mates.

I agree with that. Especially the parking inspector workshy scum who have a sickening smirk on their face whenever they find a car to write up a ticket.

But can I just point out that while walking through Strand Street the other day, I observed a police officer pick up some litter and deposit it in a bin. That's not his job. He obviously takes pride either in his job or his island and is a decent person. No idea who he was but well done. Respect!!!!

Edited by llap
  • Like 1