Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Tempus Fugit

Pubs closing

The Quids Inn at Scarborough has been in trouble. They had a stripper act but it could be seen through the plate glass windows by people on the street..

We had something similar in Quids Inn Douglas...Girls were encouraged to stand on the turnstile and get their tops off to the refrain of "Get your tits out for the lads".....

The reward was a T-shirt as I recall...It worked for Students...The girls had to keep their bras on though!...

There could be quite a parade but it helped to be drunk as tits in bras does not exactly get the jollies off after a while when you have seen so many...When Andrew Saunders too over the licence his wife put a stop to it I think!

Funny how lager drinkers never murmmer about paying quite a bit more for Carling than a pint of real ale.

By the way, I paid £3.80 for a good pint of Timothy Taylor's Landlord in a straight forward local yesterday.

So the Island is still cheap.

I had a pint of Carling at the top of Snaefell 2 years ago and it was really nice. I have no idea why.

it did, quid in,quid a drink

That would have been an expensive drink in the eighties no?
nope
Really, a pint here in the early eighties was about 35p.
Yes. Plenty of places outside London were like 50p ...and less...Even when working in the City of London we could get change from a Pound and called the Pound Notes "Beer vouchers"...And that is City prices...Mind you went rocketing up quick enough!

We're going to have some long, long topics if we keep on picking woody2 up on every single thing he makes up.

Carling costs about a penny a litre to produce ....

its governments duty on alcohol that costs.

Carling costs about a penny a litre to produce ....

its governments duty on alcohol that costs.

So how come it's so cheap in the supermarkets?

it did, quid in,quid a drink

That would have been an expensive drink in the eighties no?
nope
Really, a pint here in the early eighties was about 35p.
Yes. Plenty of places outside London were like 50p ...and less...Even when working in the City of London we could get change from a Pound and called the Pound Notes "Beer vouchers"...And that is City prices...Mind you went rocketing up quick enough!

We're going to have some long, long topics if we keep on picking woody2 up on every single thing he makes up.

just facts, nice the old folks home let you play on the computer at this time of night.......

nice the old folks home let you play on the computer at this time of night.......

It's 2017 woody2, those attempted insults went out of style about 10 years ago. Seriously, you need a new shtick.

Google says a pint of Castletown bitter was 25p in 1980.

Significantly less than UK, which was about 35p

Oh how times have changed.