Pubs closing

Tempus Fugit

How much is a pint in quids these days?

I'd be interested to know how much a glass of wine is in there and the Outback. Do either of them stock Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon 1992?

Well, I asked for a glass of wine in the Outback last night and now I'm in crutches with a broken jaw. FML.

Well I told you where to buy arms and armour!

Round here in rural pubs I pay between £3.30 for Cornish best up to £3.70 for Proper Job or Betty Stogs.

The money is made with food mainly - except summer when the hooray Henries and their groupies descend on us and drink the place dry.

Is Betty Stogs a local lady of ill repute?

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

Round here in rural pubs I pay between £3.30 for Cornish best up to £3.70 for Proper Job or Betty Stogs.

The money is made with food mainly - except summer when the hooray Henries and their groupies descend on us and drink the place dry.

Is Betty Stogs a local lady of ill repute?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betty_Stogs

I love my local but rarely venture out further. There is no appeal from any of the brewery pubs IMO. The same people with the same acts on the circuit, nothing has changed in the last few years.

I dont think the smoking ban or the cost of a pint is driving people away from going out. I just think that nightlife in general over here is pants.

Edited by immortalpuppet

I am not convinced that pubs closing is mainly down to costs but more to do a change in society. Costs will influence some but then look at how many coffee shops there are now and the price of a coffee yet still more open.

Indeed. Round here the best pubs are usually in lovely locations - nice places to visit with the family.

post-1075-0-68402800-1486971007_thumb.jpg

post-1075-0-96785200-1486971036_thumb.jpg

Edited by GD4ELI

I am not convinced that pubs closing is mainly down to costs but more to do a change in society. Costs will influence some but then look at how many coffee shops there are now and the price of a coffee yet still more open.

Yes and no. There were always too many pubs per head anyway, it's just that it was the only social meeting place for a long time. Now there are so many other options when you go out, from shopping centres to coffee shops to restaurants to cinemas etc...

However you go across and the pubs that are still open are booming as there are a lot less of them. The issue here is a dwindling population, lack of jobs and no expendable income.

• Like 2

Yes and no. There were always too many pubs per head anyway, it's just that it was the only social meeting place for a long time. Now there are so many other options when you go out, from shopping centres to coffee shops to restaurants to cinemas etc...

However you go across and the pubs that are still open are booming as there are a lot less of them. The issue here is a dwindling population, lack of jobs and no expendable income.

and facebook, where lots of folk live these days.

• Like 1