Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Tempus Fugit

Pubs closing

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Is there any actual evidence for this anywhere? The pub was open last week and some other pub I was in (can't remember which) had a Ram beer on. 

I am sure i seen something on manx forums somewhere about them closing, and giving up the beer tent on the prom ( or am i wrong about that ) ?

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

madmanx90

• MF Senior Member
  •  
  •  
  • Members
  • 102 posts
On 12/7/2018 at 1:59 PM, vee_dub said:

Closed down. “Internal politics”.

Hooded ram is closed down indeed not sure what will happen with the pub and there tent at TT.

•  
Edited by LightBulb

Awens to All:

How is the Highwayman Pub in Peel doing?

I went there when I was staying a couple of Nights at the Peel Camping Park in 2006 and it would be a Shame if it was Closing.

3X3

53 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Bride is only a short hop from Andreas !

As I'm sure we all remember after that (cough) 'incident' a few years ago :whistling:

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

And it’s hard to work out which is which! 

Not really, the graveyard will be full of dead people whilst the tearoom will...Oh sorry, you are correct

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheDruid-3X3 said:

Awens to All:

How is the Highwayman Pub in Peel doing?

I went there when I was staying a couple of Nights at the Peel Camping Park in 2006 and it would be a Shame if it was Closing.

3X3

It's still open, although Christ knows how!

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's still open, although Christ knows how!

God only knows how a pub in the middle of about 1000 houses is usually dead.

Who runs it ?

2 hours ago, PmJ said:

Not really, the graveyard will be full of dead people whilst the tearoom will...Oh sorry, you are correct

The Green Parrot was always nice to visit. Very friendly staff and good service. Scones to die for at one time.

Don’t know what changed but last time we when we were told they were closing in 10 minutes, sorry.

On a positive note, we dropped some spare stuff off at the MSPCA today, had a little look around at the cats then decided to have a coffee and cake. It was 15,50 and the sign said closing at 16.00. However ordering was no problem, service was good and the coffee and cake spot on.

We were not rushed and were still there at 16.20.

That is the sort of service which is lacking in our hospitality industry and if a few landlords had a look out there they could learn how to serve and keep customers.

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

The Green Parrot was always nice to visit. Very friendly staff and good service. Scones to die for at one time.

Don’t know what changed but last time we when we were told they were closing in 10 minutes, sorry.

On a positive note, we dropped some spare stuff off at the MSPCA today, had a little look around at the cats then decided to have a coffee and cake. It was 15,50 and the sign said closing at 16.00. However ordering was no problem, service was good and the coffee and cake spot on.

That is the sort of service which is lacking in our hospitality industry and if a few landlords had a look out there they could learn how to serve and keep customers.

I have to admit to never having visited this tea room. There used to be a lovely little one on the right hand side of the road as you approach Sulby Bridge. Don't think it's there now. The MSPCA I can vouch for although the service can be a bit on the slow side. Nothing wrong with the food though

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

God only knows how a pub in the middle of about 1000 houses is usually dead.

Who runs it ?

Don't know who's running it now but dead it most certainly is.

6 minutes ago, PmJ said:

I have to admit to never having visited this tea room. There used to be a lovely little one on the right hand side of the road as you approach Sulby Bridge. Don't think it's there now. The MSPCA I can vouch for although the service can be a bit on the slow side. Nothing wrong with the food though

I remember the one in Sulby.

Do you remember the one in Ballagarey ?

Edited by dilligaf

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I remember the one in Sulby.

Do you remember the one in Ballagarey ?

Yes, my grandad took me to the one at Ballagarey. Odd place to have a cafe. Must be 55+ years ago. I think about it whenever I drive through the traffic lights.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yeah, doing the dishes you tight wad!!!

Good Cafe, even Avocado for us Hipsters!