Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Tempus Fugit

Pubs closing

Imps at 2nd house after Ballalough Dip. Orange TT at Kyalami

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Imps at 2nd house after Ballalough Dip. Orange TT at Kyalami

Kyalami is No2 Ballagarey if you Google it. I’m sure it’s that house. 

7 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Pubs are no longer pubs these days. Some don't sell crisps or nuts. The only food you can get is an exceptionally overpriced meal.

I don't go to bars/pubs much these days but I don't think I've seen a jar of pickled onions or eggs on in/on a bar for +20 odd years.

I think they disappeared about the same time as Babycham; Mackeson ; and glass soda syphons :)

I’m getiing confused. Yes it’s the second one, with the imps. It’s on the corner of Glenlough Circle. The orange TT is on the corner of Ballagarey Road.

Can we just agree it was in Glen Vine. :flowers:

It was the second bungalow on the right, on the corner of the close. the Audi is further on at the corner at the lights. Capture.thumb.JPG.e9bd9b25c6ea00c96bc408769434b184.JPG

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Of course you did BS. You can’t even spell their name

Never get the name right but I did write to that Tim Martin some time ago as he was inviting ideas via leaflets left in the bars and he replied about flying over IOM on his trips to and from Ireland. He asked for ideas. I responded. He replied. And I did tell him about H&B and Manx crab...

3 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:
9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Of course you did BS. You can’t even spell their name

Never get the name right but I did write to that Tim Martin some time ago as he was inviting ideas via leaflets left in the bars and he replied about flying over IOM on his trips to and from Ireland. He asked for ideas. I responded. He replied. And I did tell him about H&B and Manx crab...

Bet he was that impressed he never bothered to even come here. Barry, get real. 

You know your bogs and he knows his pubs.

26 minutes ago, emesde said:

I think they disappeared about the same time as Babycham; Mackeson ; and glass soda syphons :)

And cherry B...

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

I know both actually. Fact is he asked. I responded. He replied. The rest is up to him. My briefing to him was the way the trade is on the IOM and I cited Quids Inn 'cos I worked there for many years. Most of their stock is imported by the way and last I heard a fraction of the price of H&B but I retired in 2008 when I left the IOM.

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

And cherry B...

A company called Goldwell marketed that along with "Snowball" and "Wicked Lady" 

Ah nostalgia isn't what it used to be.! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Why are older people so into tea and cake?

It's partly economics, partly a desire to simply save money.

Ask yourself, how many of these Grannies would have allowed their Children to have tea cake for Lunch?

With tourists, it is they have paid for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast, so they are not going to lash out on a Cafe/Restaurant lunch and spoil their appetite for the paid for Dinner!

In late afternoon, they know they will be eating 'dinner' at 6 or so, so they are not willing to spend more than a couple of cups of teas. 3 quid!!!

And people wonder why Strand St closes at 5pm???

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Kyalami is No2 Ballagarey if you Google it. I’m sure it’s that house. 

Called in there for "refreshments" when I and a couple of mates cycled round the TT course as callow youths in 1975. It definitely existed.

31 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

How do you know he did not come to IOM?