Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Tempus Fugit

Pubs closing

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I meant the cafe was definitely there Dilli, after 40+yrs I wouldn't like to say exactly which property now :)

I’m sure Dilligaf will tell you. He seems to tell everyone everything, 

Wouldnt a cafe have had space for parking out front on a road like that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I meant the cafe was definitely there Dilli, after 40+yrs I wouldn't like to say exactly which property now :)

There was also a lovely cafe in the Garden Centre opposite Marown school. Its a hideous housing estate now. Not too sure if the Watsons used to run it. Used to be a specialist audio shop next door too. Mr Myers iirc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I’m sure Dilligaf will tell you. He seems to tell everyone everything, 

Wouldnt a cafe have had space for parking out front on a road like that? 

Seem to remember that there was a hard surface open parking type area in front, probably where the garden would have been, might even have been tarmac?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Seem to remember that there was a hard surface open parking type area in front, probably where the garden would have been, might even have been tarmac?

No idea I can’t remember it. Before my time, but would have thought there would have to have been parking up there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Joseph Bucknall are very much still going and are doing well. Yes they do supply lots to Quids Inn and so does H&B.

Barry, you can't live on past fantasies of glory. You cried wolf and lost. Enjoy your life in the smoke. They deserve you and vice versa. 

Cried wolf? Explain...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were nice tea room's just off the Jurby to Ballaugh coast road also the Beehive cafe? Certainly a little shop on Summer hill road  just outside Jurby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MrPB said:

I’m sure Dilligaf will tell you. He seems to tell everyone everything, 

Wouldnt a cafe have had space for parking out front on a road like that? 

It effing did yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Burt said:

There was also a lovely cafe in the Garden Centre opposite Marown school. Its a hideous housing estate now. Not too sure if the Watsons used to run it. Used to be a specialist audio shop next door too. Mr Myers iirc. 

Was there not an Irving connection there ? Great café.

Edited by dilligaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Was there not an Irving connection there ? Great café.

Yes, the Watsons ran it then the Irvings took it over and gave it a grand name like "Garden World". 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrG said:

Yes, the Watsons ran it then the Irvings took it over and gave it a grand name like "Garden World". 

Then sold out for big bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Liverpool Arms" signs were removed from the walls this morning. Very, very sad.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jurby Rd cafe, Killane Cafe???

Irvings garden centre had the Brown, Tourist Info road signs pointing to it! Come to the Island and visit a....what's this? A bloody garden centre!!! How embarrassing.

 

 

LA sgns removed......... trhere will be a lot of MF posters who want to buy them to put back up when they buy the building to re-open as a Pub :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kopek, I don't think you have grasped the argument here. No one is saying necessarily that it should remain a pub. No one is saying they could 'show them how it should be done' or whatever. I think you will find most people agree it would be difficult to make it a viable pub.

The question is quite simple: Why have the brewery put a covenant on the building?

(Yes, yes, I know our resident lawyer has provided a reason, but that just fuels the argument. And always remember that statistics show that lawyers are wrong 50% of the time) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gettafa said:

The question is quite simple: Why have the brewery put a covenant on the building?

And if that question ever elicits an answer then the follow up question needs to be, "Why are they allowed to put a covenant on the building/Sale under those circumstances?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Kopek, I don't think you have grasped the argument here. No one is saying necessarily that it should remain a pub. No one is saying they could 'show them how it should be done' or whatever. I think you will find most people agree it would be difficult to make it a viable pub.

The question is quite simple: Why have the brewery put a covenant on the building?

(Yes, yes, I know our resident lawyer has provided a reason, but that just fuels the argument. And always remember that statistics show that lawyers are wrong 50% of the time) 

Are we about to head into round 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...