Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Tempus Fugit

Pubs closing

Did Malarkey think this up? Is it real or an internet joke? It'd make good reality TV if it comes to pass. Selling the rights might pay for it!

It would never work running on volunteers.

Does the Manx Legion exist purely because it only has a cheap lease with the Corpy?

I could not imagine any club being viable if they were paying full market value for the lease.

Does the Manx Legion exist purely because it only has a cheap lease with the Corpy?

I could not imagine any club being viable if they were paying full market value for the lease.

What do they pay on the lease?

I'd say the legion is a decent business.

What do they pay on the lease?

I'd say the legion is a decent business.

sorry, I have no idea.

I just assume the Corpy still own it and would not be charging too much.

I could off course be totally wrong. it has been known thumbsup.gif

I have never been in but I understand that the Manx Legion though is more than just a pub. It is there to offer help & support to ex soldiers and also fund raising in respect of that. Again I have no idea but it may be that some of the costs of running the building etc come from donations and contributions rather than just bar profits.

As Piebaps said running a bar at a club is hard work and if you have enough functions can do OK, but one of the reasons they work is that they are open limited hours so if you have paid staff they are on limited hours. e.g if their is a game or a function if linked to a sports club. I doubt that is what those who want to save the Pinewood are thinking of

If they are making it into a community centre, perhaps they could run some literacy classes which include some reading out loud, as BB sounds like a kid from the remedial class when he reads out any statement.

• Like 2

Let the good people of Pully run it using their own money. My guess is that it will never happen

• Like 1

To be fair, a community initiative worked for the Ramsey Post Office

Its rare to get a real lol these days but that got me - thanks trisk

Let the good people of Pully run it using their own money. My guess is that it will never happen

So use benefits to finance it?

• Like 2

Captain Obvious aka Bandwagon Bill has made a startling statement to the press:

"Future plans for the Pinewood Pub in Pulrose are due to be revealed "in the near future". "

No shit. What those plans will be is an altogether different thing.

• Like 1