Teare to stand down

Non-Believer

Same age isn't he? And now a knight?

Highly likely I suspect. But in the interests of keeping the ship steady, I can't see Bell announcing anything too quickly. I suspect he might even still stand, perhaps announcing his retirement midway through the next 5 years?

Before he has to pay more, and get back less from the lucrative pension deal he has only just starts to pay for?

I suspect this is not really a concern of his. The reality is he is 68. So (a) he's already the recipient of his full IOM Bank pension which I assume is a final salary scheme and commenced probably 8 years ago.

Also, his 12 years as an MHK will give him 40% of his final salary there but given that he is 68 it is hardly like he is taking a pension at 55 with 30 plus years under his belt.

If anything Bell and Teare don't really see full value from their IOM Govt pensions. Bell especially.

• Like 1

Bell might be a lazy plonker in many ways, but he's one of the few that understands the complexities of Brexit etc.

Allan Bell’s comment from Manx Radio. http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/journey-into-the-unknown-for-iom/

Monday, June 27th, 2016 6:23am

“I think the shockwaves will take some time.

I think to work through to everyone until they fully realise what the impact of this decision is going to have on politics, on the economy, on the UK’s position internationally, its relationship with the rest of Europe.

I think we have a long way to go before these ramifications have worked through.

Even the victorious Brexiters’ cannot be specific at the moment as to what the implications of an outcome of this referendum might be, and that makes it very difficult for the Isle of Man to then plan its way forward until we know exactly what the UK is going to do”.

I'm convinced! Yes! He really has a profound understanding of what is going on.

It's a new and developing situation. The problem with people nowadays is that they have very short attention spans and want instant gratification. He will be as well briefed as he can be with understanding the events as they stand. He cannot prejudge the future and neither can anyone else.

• Like 1

It's a new and developing situation. The problem with people nowadays is that they have very short attention spans and want instant gratification. He will be as well briefed as he can be with understanding the events as they stand. He cannot prejudge the future and neither can anyone else.

Don't be ridiculous. The PS/CS pension farrago was forecast years ago.

And if they predicted that it would be a complete and utter horlicks with the private sector taxpayer being right royally shafted, well, they were spot on!

• Like 1