Religious Extremism

fredtosser

Woah, wait a minute. You're citing 6 entire chapters and to support what view?

Ok I messed up in my quoting of chapters and verses - Acts Chapter 10, verses 10-16.

Oh and Romans 14:14.

This God is a bit inconsistent changing his prohibitions and exhortations though.

Not really. It's two completely different religions at play.

These verses were developed when there wasn't a distinction between Jews and Christians. Saint Paul thought of himself as a Jewish Pharisee.

They only became completely different religions when their respective followers couldn't resolve the contradiction in Jesus's (and Paul's) claims to fulfill not abolish the Jewish law.

Edited by Chinahand

Woah, wait a minute. You're citing 6 entire chapters and to support what view?

Ok I messed up in my quoting of chapters and verses - Acts Chapter 10, verses 10-16.

Oh and Romans 14:14.

This God is a bit inconsistent changing his prohibitions and exhortations though.

Not really. It's two completely different religions at play.

These verses were developed when there wasn't a distinction between Jews and Christians. Saint Paul thought of himself as a Jewish Pharisee.

They only became completely different religions when their respective followers couldn't resolve the contradiction in Jesus's (and Paul's) claims to fulfill not abolish the Jewish law.

"Saint" Paul was a bullshitter. If you read the New Testament, he claims he was a servant of the High Priest. Well, sorry, but the High Priest was a Sadducee, not a Pharisee. The Sadducees (corrupt insiders allied with the Romans) were the ideological and political adversaries of the Pharisees (a grassroots movement of Jews opposed to Roman occupation and the Sadducee elite).

What Jesus claimed is very open to debate since we have no original texts penned by him. The New Testament is a heavily biased collection of texts put together by a committee centuries later.

If you read the text, it was the Jews being addressed. Nobody else.

Oh I have read the text, and the fact it was the Jews being addressed in central to my point.

Unless you're a Jew addressing another Jew, stop using Leviticus to justify your homophobia.

Watched a program on Netflix last night called Jesus Camp.

And it is a documentary about young children (we're talking 3 years upwards) being taken to religious training camps where they are taught to hate gays, declare war on anyone who isn't of their faith, etc...

Except we aren't talking about a Middle Eastern terror training camp, this was in middle of nowhere America and they were all white kids.

Children as young as 5 crying, speaking in tongues, declaring their love for Jesus and wishing to be anointed in hi blood for the upcoming war.

Scary stuff. America is closer to Iran than it cares to acknowledge.

• Like 2

It seems that the Pastor J really is Living in Hope....

I have heard rumour that an email that has been sent from the church to its flock requesting them to dig deep into their pockets to the tune of £150k, because Pastor J might have overextended himself on his new purchase of a >£500k house.....

The good Lord will provide, I'm sure.....

As it happens, I am a bit short on my new Porsche 911 Targa fund. Wonder if the kind folk of MF would be prepared to gift me £150k??

Oh, and I will personally guarantee your passage to heaven if you contribute.

wacko.png

If you read the text, it was the Jews being addressed. Nobody else.

Oh I have read the text, and the fact it was the Jews being addressed in central to my point.

Unless you're a Jew addressing another Jew, stop using Leviticus to justify your homophobia.

I'm not a homophobe or religious so no need for me to cite Leviticus at all. I was only pointing out the error in Chinahand's use of Scripture.

What Jesus claimed is very open to debate since we have no original texts penned by him. The New Testament is a heavily biased collection of texts put together by a committee centuries later.

What does Jesus think about the autistic and children with disabilities?

I know someone who knows someone who apparently attends living hope and has an autistic kid and living hope gets everyone praying for a cure for them. I guess the 10% the parents hand over in their hope of a cure is as good as anyone's.

It seems that the Pastor J really is Living in Hope....

I have heard rumour that an email that has been sent from the church to its flock requesting them to dig deep into their pockets to the tune of £150k, because Pastor J might have overextended himself on his new purchase of a >£500k house.....

The good Lord will provide, I'm sure.....

As it happens, I am a bit short on my new Porsche 911 Targa fund. Wonder if the kind folk of MF would be prepared to gift me £150k??

Oh, and I will personally guarantee your passage to heaven if you contribute.

wacko.png

Can someone verify if this is true?