Religious Extremism

fredtosser

Not dumb just blinkered and misguided, but some people spend thousands sponsoring TT riders and stuff lunacy is everywhere.

Yes but it's the whole 'you'll get God's blessing' bit that grinds.

If the guy needs a house fair enough, buy one that you can afford, don't go begging for £150,000 and use the wrath of God to do so. Mind you, I suppose if they can 'tithe' 100% of their annual earnings to start with they obviously don't object to throwing a bit more the churches way!

I wonder what happens when he decides to move on and sell up, will he put that money back into the church before he goes?

That's what I thought. Has it been legally purchased jointly by himself and the church?

Something I'd like the Living Hope leaders to answer. If the founder of your religion, Jesus, told you to sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, is it not the height of absurdity to do the complete opposite of what he said by telling the poor to give a load of their money to you so you can buy possessions? Remind me again what the definition of hypocrite is.

I was going to start a thread entitled 'Bless this house' yesterday but I was at a loss for words as to what to add to it as I was so stunned by the story.

Just how fucking dumb are people?

This is crowdfunding. You don't even have to promise them anything at the end of the crowd funding process. You're just asking them to give their money away to you to spend on a nice house; for you. In return all you have to promise them is that they won't spend eternity with a red hot poker up their arse. Which isn't going to happen anyway.

Edited by BossHogg
  • Like 1

Is there anything in place to protect schools from these manipulative religious cults yet? I mean other than the fact that modern kids are actually a lot wiser thanks to their huge access to online knowledge.

• Like 2

It's hard to tell these replicants from real people. I work with one of them and had no idea until I saw them on one of the videos.

I'm sure they'd have a view though if you turned up for work in a new Bentley, wearing a Rolex, and boasting about how you were taking deductions from your more gullible customers and that they were so unbelievably trusting that the money you were relieving them of is even paying for your new house. They'd probably assume that that's exactly the sort of person who is going to end up in hell.

Edited by BossHogg