Allan Bell - Shit or get off the pot.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was a "reluctant" supporter of Bell at the last election, reluctant on the grounds of what was emerging over MEA. However I could accept the "experience and statesman-like approach" argument, there

It's genius. Whatever he decides, he's saying that all of the problems in the pipeline are because of Brexit, nothing to do with what he and Eddie have (or rather haven't) been doing in the past year

Could the serfs cope with another five years of Bellonomics? The man had overseen enough grief, financial damage and embarrassment. Bye bye, Allan. Go take care of your pisshead.

He's just waiting 'till the ships railings are about to dip below the surface before he steps calmly off and into the Good Ship Sunshine.

Doesn't want to be associated with the other scampering r a ts as the ship goes down.

Could the serfs cope with another five years of Bellonomics? The man had overseen enough grief, financial damage and embarrassment. Bye bye, Allan. Go take care of your pisshead.

• Like 4

It's genius. Whatever he decides, he's saying that all of the problems in the pipeline are because of Brexit, nothing to do with what he and Eddie have (or rather haven't) been doing in the past years.

• Like 5

It's genius. Whatever he decides, he's saying that all of the problems in the pipeline are because of Brexit, nothing to do with what he and Eddie have (or rather haven't) been doing in the past years.

A marvellous 'get out of jail' card.

• Like 1

He always been good at seeing dangers on the horizon that only he can fix. That said there is a danger on the horizon this time, we do need someone who can do the external relations thing, without looking like a country bumpkin.

• Like 3

Hope he stands and is returned. The IOM needs his experience at this critical time.

I hope that Dr Allinson is also elected. In the interests of the island it would be excellent if there were no other candidates for Ramsey.

• Like 1

The information I have is that there is some rather nasty political manoeuvring going on in CoMin with jockeying for position post election and post Allan. At least one member/candidate is disseminating, by leak, all sorts of untruths and misleading information, manipulating, so as to allow him to look like a knight in shining armour coming to the rescue.

I've mixed views on the current administration, and what they have achieved, or not achieved. But be careful what you wish for, there are people out there who would be much worse than Allan if they got the hot seat.

• Like 3

He'll be doing his farming, getting an idea of his chances and then making up his mind.

He wont want to get kicked out if he stands no chance - he's just looking to see if he stands a chance before he makes his mind up. Meanwhile, attention seeking drama queen theatrics is the norm.

• Like 2

The shit hits the fan during the next term, though, doesn't it? Or is it the one after that?

IMO not exactly hitting the fan but gently building up over the next two / three years. The IOM has a way of getting out of messes though - gold mines @ Foxdale, plutonium @ Pulrose - I would not be surprised were there to be a big bonanza.

The information I have is that there is some rather nasty political manoeuvring going on in CoMin with jockeying for position post election and post Allan. At least one member/candidate is disseminating, by leak, all sorts of untruths and misleading information, manipulating, so as to allow him to look like a knight in shining armour coming to the rescue.

I've mixed views on the current administration, and what they have achieved, or not achieved. But be careful what you wish for, there are people out there who would be much worse than Allan if they got the hot seat.

I agree.

And really, some of people insulting the mans personal life need to get a grip of themselves.

• Like 1

Politicians rarely give up easily. They like the power and influence.

Now if IOM Government decides to create a post that requires somebody with experience to liaise with London and Brussels post Brexit who do you think would fancy that job?

And Allan has got the suit, shirts and ties already.

• Like 1