Experiment in direct democracy

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a politician to rely on an internet poll to decide how to vote in Tynwald shows either huge naivety about the reality of the internet or incredibly poor judgement.

I think Stinky was just having a laugh. Though surely in a direct democracy if 51% of us say you should get a haircut, you should.

I think it a bit unfair giving someone such a vitriolic kicking when they themselves are not hiding behind an anonymous forum name.

Just saying.

He can't not hide behind anonymity as he appears to be a blatant self-publicist seeking public recognition as the saviour of Manx politics. If he feels that strongly he should stand for Keys. The suggestion he should do so wasn't that vitriolic.

It's not so much the direct connection with a person for legal reasons that concerns me, that is relatively easy to establish (even for Mr Weevil it's been very easy), it's the way someone can use anonymity to try and force a debate that concerns me.

More BS from the grand master of BS. Same as claims of votes being cancelled and accounts being closed which you can't do. We were surprised you didn't lock the IP range down to Manx registered IP addresses to validate that only Manx people could vote. But you didn't. You can come in via TOR from any IP address in the world. Are you sure anyone who voted even lives here? It seems quite sloppy if you can register a vote from an IP in Norway or Canada.
As this thread is being bumped by the multiple sock puppets of the same idiot (Llap, Skeletor). Let me repeat this post. It's a shame you waste your life achieving little but irrelevant internet controversy that 99% of the population ignores.

And again. So there are no registration controls, there is no basic identity or email validation, and you can come in via an IP anywhere in the world and register a valid vote. But we're changing Manx politics ;-)

Edited by Weevil central

Also, Achy Breaky Heart was released in 1992, not 1996. You're not very good with facts. It's very easy to exclude non-IOM IPs. It'd be even easier if twats like you didn't deliberately set out to register fake names. What kind of saddo would do that?

Also, Achy Breaky Heart was released in 1992, not 1996. You're not very good with facts. It's very easy to exclude non-IOM IPs. It'd be even easier if twats like you didn't deliberately set out to register fake names. What kind of saddo would do that?

You're clearly the man who put the cunt into cuntry and western. Your knowledge of 1990s line dancing tunes leaves me wanting.

• Like 1

Seriously, your argument amounts to this: "there are tossers out there like me who will register fake names, so I'm going to be a tosser and register fake names, therefore your website doesn't work." The only problem I see in this equation is you, a tosser. You're actually proposing yourself as the problem, and you don't see the irony. Cock.

• Like 2

Seriously, your argument amounts to this: "there are tossers out there like me who will register fake names, so I'm going to be a tosser and register fake names, therefore your website doesn't work." The only problem I see in this equation is you, a tosser. You're actually proposing yourself as the problem, and you don't see the irony. Cock.

Funnily I looked in the phone directory for anyone called "Skeletor" and I drew a blank.

Edited by Weevil central

You're the one creating the problem which you are saying is a problem. Why not get a life, then the problem wouldn't exist?

You are like someone who walks their dog along a pavement, lets it take a big dump, then moans about dog shit.

• Like 1

I think it a bit unfair giving someone such a vitriolic kicking when they themselves are not hiding behind an anonymous forum name.

Just saying.

He can't not hide behind anonymity as he appears to be a blatant self-publicist seeking public recognition as the saviour of Manx politics. If he feels that strongly he should stand for Keys. The suggestion he should do so wasn't that vitriolic.

It's not so much the direct connection with a person for legal reasons that concerns me, that is relatively easy to establish (even for Mr Weevil it's been very easy), it's the way someone can use anonymity to try and force a debate that concerns me.

More BS from the grand master of BS. Same as claims of votes being cancelled and accounts being closed which you can't do. We were surprised you didn't lock the IP range down to Manx registered IP addresses to validate that only Manx people could vote. But you didn't. You can come in via TOR from any IP address in the world. Are you sure anyone who voted even lives here? It seems quite sloppy if you can register a vote from an IP in Norway or Canada.
As this thread is being bumped by the multiple sock puppets of the same idiot (Llap, Skeletor). Let me repeat this post. It's a shame you waste your life achieving little but irrelevant internet controversy that 99% of the population ignores.
And again. So there are no registration controls, there is no basic identity or email validation, and you can come in via an IP anywhere in the world and register a valid vote. But we're changing Manx politics ;-)

By the power of numbskull!

The above covers why direct democracy IOM style is a complete joke very concisely. Register at your own peril as the site probably has more open doors than Mossack and Fonseca's client list.

Edited by Weevil central

In summary if you've been following this thread.

Direct democracy, is rightly, dying on its arse.

In this format...its basically anarchy or corruption.

Goodbye 'direct democracy'. Good riddance.

All who think Albert is a boring cock, say aye.

The ayes have it. Direct democracy wins again.

Loads of support there I see...er...

Ah, whats wrong with you people? If someone wants to post on multiple accounts, thats ok, do you really have to go all Sherlock Holmes and cast nastersians? Why are you bothered that someone has two accounts? People are strange, at least he/she isn't on the streets hey? :)

Says you who has publicly on Twitter attacked another regular poster (one who was genuine, not part of some twatty agenda) on this forum. Why the double standard or change of heart now?
Twitter? I haven't been on there for years, never mind publicly attacking people. I'm no part of any group on here or anywhere else either. You're a bit of a creepy one, aren't ya?

I do love the comedy direction this thread has taken. Worth repeating therefore - because repeating seems to be the thing right now - that Mr Weevil doesn't like me because I have hair - maybe he's bald? That narrows it down a bit... Bald people who don't like me... Hmmmm.... Gives me a few options for sure...

Or maybe (as The Teapot suggests) I bullied him at school... Ahhh, but as Mr Teapot knows I was always more of a lover than a fighter, and not a very good one in either case. Don't think I've ever been aggressive to anyone, but I took a few good beatings back in the day - fun times. In fact... Last time I got punched in the face it was over a woman, by a woman. Maybe a jilted lover??!? Sorry love... 😂

Albert Tatlock is Allan Bell and I claim my £5.

Weevil is still going on about a problem that doesn't exist and nobody cares about, and still thinks I should be out protesting in the streets, but still isn't doing so himself / herself and still hasn't even got the balls to use his / her own name. Still, it's keeping the thread going. All good!

Ah, whats wrong with you people? If someone wants to post on multiple accounts, thats ok, do you really have to go all Sherlock Holmes and cast nastersians? Why are you bothered that someone has two accounts? People are strange, at least he/she isn't on the streets hey? smile.png

Being bored I have done some weeviling. I have uncovered disturbing news. Scampy is the creator of WeevilCentral which is a conspiracy to achieve world domination https://weevilcentralblog.wordpress.com/about/

This makes me suspect that Weevil Central is really a sock puppet for Allan Bell who disguises himself as Scampi with a pony-tailed wig.