Experiment in direct democracy

Or maybe (as The Teapot suggests) I bullied him at school... Ahhh, but as Mr Teapot knows I was always more of a lover than a fighter,

That would be a self-lover I assume.

You can try to have a go in this thread all you like but it's clear that the credibility of your play school voting site is sub-zero. A bit like yourself really.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a politician to rely on an internet poll to decide how to vote in Tynwald shows either huge naivety about the reality of the internet or incredibly poor judgement.

I think Stinky was just having a laugh. Though surely in a direct democracy if 51% of us say you should get a haircut, you should.

Ah, whats wrong with you people? If someone wants to post on multiple accounts, thats ok, do you really have to go all Sherlock Holmes and cast nastersians? Why are you bothered that someone has two accounts? People are strange, at least he/she isn't on the streets hey? smile.png

Being bored I have done some weeviling. I have uncovered disturbing news. Scampy is the creator of WeevilCentral which is a conspiracy to achieve world domination https://weevilcentralblog.wordpress.com/about/

This makes me suspect that Weevil Central is really a sock puppet for Allan Bell who disguises himself as Scampi with a pony-tailed wig.

This wins. Close the thread.

Ah, whats wrong with you people? If someone wants to post on multiple accounts, thats ok, do you really have to go all Sherlock Holmes and cast nastersians? Why are you bothered that someone has two accounts? People are strange, at least he/she isn't on the streets hey? :)

Being bored I have done some weeviling. I have uncovered disturbing news. Scampy is the creator of WeevilCentral which is a conspiracy to achieve world domination https://weevilcentralblog.wordpress.com/about/

This makes me suspect that Weevil Central is really a sock puppet for Allan Bell who disguises himself as Scampi with a pony-tailed wig.

This wins. Close the thread.

In a democracy you don't get to call the shots on thread closing.

I think it a bit unfair giving someone such a vitriolic kicking when they themselves are not hiding behind an anonymous forum name.

Just saying.

He can't not hide behind anonymity as he appears to be a blatant self-publicist seeking public recognition as the saviour of Manx politics. If he feels that strongly he should stand for Keys. The suggestion he should do so wasn't that vitriolic.

It's not so much the direct connection with a person for legal reasons that concerns me, that is relatively easy to establish (even for Mr Weevil it's been very easy), it's the way someone can use anonymity to try and force a debate that concerns me.

More BS from the grand master of BS. Same as claims of votes being cancelled and accounts being closed which you can't do. We were surprised you didn't lock the IP range down to Manx registered IP addresses to validate that only Manx people could vote. But you didn't. You can come in via TOR from any IP address in the world. Are you sure anyone who voted even lives here? It seems quite sloppy if you can register a vote from an IP in Norway or Canada.
As this thread is being bumped by the multiple sock puppets of the same idiot (Llap, Skeletor). Let me repeat this post. It's a shame you waste your life achieving little but irrelevant internet controversy that 99% of the population ignores.

And again. So there are no registration controls, there is no basic identity or email validation, and you can come in via an IP anywhere in the world and register a valid vote. But we're changing Manx politics ;-)

So just to repeat due to childish bumping

No validation whatsoever

No proof anyone actually exists

No requirement to register from a Manx IP

No controls of any kind at all

Affiliated to candidates who are campaigning for the next election

But we're changing the face of Manx politics yay!

It's just a special needs voting group of no relevance whatsoever.

Just to clarify, it's an experiment. There are issues that need fixing. In particular the validation of accounts.

A rational person would recognise that, raise concerns and see whether the people behind the site can come up with a system that addresses the concerns.

Setting out to wreck it from day one is childish.

Edited by Declan

Just to clarify, it's an experiment. There are issues that need fixing. In particular the validation of accounts.

A rational person would recognise that, raise concerns and see whether the people behind the site can come up with a system that addresses the concerns.

Setting out to wreck it from day in childish.

Something that claims validity when it has none deserves to be called. Unfortunately Hampton sought to use childish veiled threats about knowing who people are thinking he was being clever when he didn't even lock the IP ranges down and, in fact, people had been posting via TOR from all over the world. Just another massive flaw - fake voters and not even voting from the IOM. How can it be taken seriously at all?

Edited by Weevil central

All you're proving is that the prototype does not stand up to a sustained attack from someone with malicious intent.

That's like attacking an architectural modal with a hammer then complaining that the finished building isn't very sturdy.

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

Something that claims validity when it has none deserves to be called. Unfortunately Hampton sought to use childish veiled threats about knowing who people are thinking he was being clever when he didn't even lock the IP ranges down and, in fact, people had been posting via TOR from all over the world. Just another massive flaw - fake voters and not even voting from the IOM. How can it be taken seriously at all?

You really have some issues you need to deal with. Show me where validity has ever been claimed and you will have a point. Declan has made constructive comment and for that this thread has been worth it. Thank you!

You really have some issues you need to deal with. Show me where validity has ever been claimed and you will have a point. Declan has made constructive comment and for that this thread has been worth it. Thank you!

The only things that need to be dealt with are your clownish attempts at self publicity, and your misplaced belief that anything you do adds any value to the Manx political system at all.

I think weevil heard enough of childish insults. .

So, back to the topic. I think direct democracy is the wrong direction for a political system. The list of reasons is long but all of it is abstract and based in utopic ideas. Philosophical stuff. What we have here is not any of these things. What we are seeing is an experiment which, if it draws enough people, and if any loopholes are closed off, it is a very good way of calculating current electoral views which may in some way influence the votes in Tynwald. If people are more informed, if they have put across their view through a platform of this type, then there is far more pressure on candidates and elected officials to listen to people. As has already been said, it's an experiment in its early days. I don't think the votes cast on the site should in any way have a bloc of votes in any elected chamber, but I do like the idea of continuous polling. They do it a lot in other countries. It's true that questions can be leading and reflect an agenda. That's why the participation of those who disagree with it is so important. If I for one minute see anything like that, I'll be on there with my real name and calling it out.

Edited by llap

The only things that need to be dealt with are your clownish attempts at self publicity, and your misplaced belief that anything you do adds any value to the Manx political system at all.

So that'll be a NO to any evidence we claimed it was a validated site. You're doing a fine job of making a tit of yourself. Keep going.

Edited by James Hampton

So that'll be a NO to any evidence we claimed it was a validated site. You're doing a fine job of making a tit of yourself. Keep going.

Only one tit here and (as usual) that's you and your clown-like take on Manx politics that everyone finds so amusing. Most people are pissing themselves laughing at the latest in a long line of your high profile political failures.

Ahhh yes... The classic... "most people" claim... Would that be "most people" in your bedroom?

You need to decide which angle you want to take and stick to it. Now I have a long line of high profile political failures - great! Must be doing something right after all. There was me thinking nobody was paying any attention. High profile indeed! You just made my day. Thanks.

Ahhh yes... The classic... "most people" claim... Would that be "most people" in your bedroom?

You need to decide which angle you want to take and stick to it. Now I have a long line of high profile political failures - great! Must be doing something right after all. There was me thinking nobody was paying any attention. High profile indeed! You just made my day. Thanks.

Maybe that's the same "most people" who registered and voted on your direct democracy site who were often completely not existent. That seems to be how you want to count the numbers of the people who you think should agree with you and Phil Gawne. Only then I suppose can you perpetuate your political fantasies inside your own heads. You are another who has left an embarrassing trail all over Facebook and the local media without stopping once to consider that a lot of people might just be laughing at you or humouring you rather than listening to you. You move from one failed political idea or movement to another perhaps thinking it makes you look clever when actually I'm sure vast swathes of people probably think your a self publicising dick.

Edited by Weevil central