Experiment in direct democracy

Exactly. Some cockends on here getting bent out of shape over it.

Us democrats get a little upset when a minority try to usurp the majority.
It's worse than that which is why a few people have decided to test the credibility (or not) or the whole set up. You can't table votes in Tynwald on the back of fresh air substantiated votes cast by people some of whom who don't even know whether they actually exist.

And Declan. We're sorry you can't log in but fake Phil still can and he left you two messages at 5:45 & 5:53. You probably can't pick them up being a real person and being banned and all that. He cast a view votes at several intervals today too. But then again that seems to say a lot about the checking standards that apply.

PS. We checked and once a vote is cast the admins can't remove it. Well why should they be able to otherwise they'd be able to manipulate the whole poll outcomes wouldn't they?

Presumably they'll do the cull later. Maybe I've convinced them I'm a real person.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For a politician to rely on an internet poll to decide how to vote in Tynwald shows either huge naivety about the reality of the internet or incredibly poor judgement.

I think Stinky was just having a laugh. Though surely in a direct democracy if 51% of us say you should get a haircut, you should.

Exactly. Some cockends on here getting bent out of shape over it.

Us democrats get a little upset when a minority try to usurp the majority.
It's worse than that which is why a few people have decided to test the credibility (or not) or the whole set up. You can't table votes in Tynwald on the back of fresh air substantiated votes cast by people some of whom who don't even know whether they actually exist.

And Declan. We're sorry you can't log in but fake Phil still can and he left you two messages at 5:45 & 5:53. You probably can't pick them up being a real person and being banned and all that. He cast a view votes at several intervals today too. But then again that seems to say a lot about the checking standards that apply.

PS. We checked and once a vote is cast the admins can't remove it. Well why should they be able to otherwise they'd be able to manipulate the whole poll outcomes wouldn't they?

Presumably they'll do the cull later. Maybe I've convinced them I'm a real person.

They can't. We looked at similar software and it makes sense that admins can't remove votes otherwise the people running the polling site would be able to affect the outcomes of the polls wouldn't they? There's now so many fake votes on there anyway I bet they wouldn't know where to start. Fake Phil logged on several times today and was happily voting and posting.

Well that's very childish.

Perhaps you could answer the question who "we" are?

No, other than to assure you there is nobody involved who is associated with, or works for, a rival political candidate or who supports a rival candidate (or who work for government for that matter). Just people sick of idiots twatting around with this sort of amateur politics crap and pretending to others that it has any relevance to Democracy at all. Although it rather depends how valid you regard such an assurance from a forum sock puppet?

Edited by Weevil central

Well, I find it hard to believe you, since you're an admitted liar, who has set out to wreck this experiment and shown irrational anger about the people behind it.

Well, I find it hard to believe you, since you're an admitted liar, who has set out to wreck this experiment and shown irrational anger about the people behind it.

Irrational anger? Hampton came on here and that's only when the temperature raised as he was talking bullshit. They can't cull the users, they can't remove the votes, and the don't validate anything to do with a persons identity. How can this have any credibility at all? To change the way people vote it has to be credible and even as an experiment this has no credibility at all. It should certainly be driving no vote in Keys on any of the subjects listed.

Edited by Weevil central

So an unelected committee running the site keeping it independent from government...

Have you even read the definition of 'direct democracy'?

I'm beginning to think that the only regular thing you can spot under any pony tail...is an arsehole.

Begone with your undemocratic idea of democracy.

albo!!! you're back!!! only just noticed!!!

I disagree with James and have done so with my real name on FB about this whole direct democracy thing. That being said, the animosity exhibited here has convinced me that James may well be onto something, he's obviously struck a nerve, and I will come back later with some more in depth thoughts on the matter. I think direct democracy aside, the platform concept is essentially sound. Idiots like weevil should grow up and grow a spine. Post and engage with James on Facebook with your real name and stop being a bell end.

Edited by llap
  • Like 1

I disagree with James and have done so with my real name on FB about this whole direct democracy thing. That being said, the animosity exhibited here has convinced me that James may well be onto something, he's obviously struck a nerve, and I will come back later with some more in depth thoughts on the matter. I think direct democracy aside, the platform concept is essentially sound. Idiots like weevil should grow up and grow a spine. Post and engage with James on Facebook with your real name and stop being a bell end.

A great number of people don't live their lives on Facebook for a start and couldn't care less about Facebook Groups. Again this sort of voting platform disenfranchises them hugely. Maybe if these people inhabited the real world they might actually realize why things like this piss people off.

A great number of people don't live their lives on Facebook for a start and couldn't care less about Facebook Groups. Again this sort of voting platform disenfranchises them hugely. Maybe if these people inhabited the real world they might actually realize why things like this piss people off.

What a dumb reply. You don't have to live your life on Facebook to post on there.