• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Skelly as CM would be the terminal breath of credible politics in the Isle of Man.

Shut up.

I hope he gets in if only to piss you off. Which it clearly would.

Thanks Dr Wevil, you've clarified that I never said I wouldn't stand (in here at least), but merely questioned the logic of standing on a conventional basis.

If people don't see the same problems I do they're not going to vote for me. I think that's reasonable but I understand your issues.

As a voter in Rushen, I don't want someone who can see the same problems I can.

I want someone who has solutions to those problems and fortitude to fight to ensure the problems are fixed

• Like 1

Thanks Dr Wevil, you've clarified that I never said I wouldn't stand (in here at least), but merely questioned the logic of standing on a conventional basis.

If people don't see the same problems I do they're not going to vote for me. I think that's reasonable but I understand your issues.

I want someone who has solutions to those problems and fortitude to fight to ensure the problems are fixed

Ok Jess. I think I have the solutions. I think that anyone who offers to solve those problems without addressing the issue of how our parliament is run is lying to you. I can promise you I will fight to the death but what use is that within the context of a system which is immune to change? If you don't agree you won't vote for me, and I understand. Edited by James Hampton

Ok Jess. I think I have the solutions. I think that anyone who offers to solve those problems without addressing the issue of how our parliament is run is lying to you. I can promise you I will fight to the death but what use is that within the context of a system which is immune to change? If you don't agree you won't vote for me, and I understand.

I look forward to reading your manifesto ........... in the not too distant future.

One one of the other election threads (one of the Douglas ones?) it was commented on how there was around 50% difference between the population and the registered voters.

Interestingly, in Rushen the population is 6977 and the number registered to vote 5422. There is only 1500 (ish) difference and the majority of those will be children.

The people of Rushen are mighty fecked off with the two clowns currently in office, but currently I'm not seeing any real alternative. Its a great shame there were not more candidates coming forward, I thought there would have been.

• Like 1

I agree it would be good to see more choice, but I think Rushen is probably seen as the most difficult seat this time, with two sitting ministers who both know what they are doing in terms of the demographic.

I don't know what you mean by 'no alternative'? I don't think I could be any more alternative to the incumbents if I tried, but maybe I'm a bit too unusual for most, which is fair enough. I'm not going to mould myself in to something which conforms to a more conventional proposition just to get elected, because to my mind that 'convention' is part of the problem.

You'll be getting a card in the post next week and a manifesto towards the end of the month.

If you want me to call out so you can ear bash me in person drop me a line, easier to get in to more detail face to face.

Year books! At a sink school like Castle Rushen whatever next? Proms? Sweatshirts with the names of all your classmates on?

Watch it! We had year books and a prom. No sweatshirts with names on although we did sign each others shirts.

I jumped down the front steps and ran past the tennis courts and jumped on the next bus home and I've not been back (except to play footie on that fancy new plastic pitch).

• Like 1

You'll be getting a card in the post next week and a manifesto towards the end of the month.

Clearly writing times are on par with Proust's À la recherche du temps perdu, or Miltons Paradise Lost.

In this election, generally, it appears that there is little of Paradise and much that is lost.

• Like 1

I agree it would be good to see more choice, but I think Rushen is probably seen as the most difficult seat this time, with two sitting ministers who both know what they are doing in terms of the demographic.

Can't agree with you on that! The prospect of one of them being returned is so unpalatable that I've even considered standing myself out of sheer desperation.

• Like 1

" I have not published my manifesto yet - work in progress. I'll be sure to post it here when I do. "

How can anything be a work in progress 4 weeks before an election?

You're obviously too busy pissing about making a twat of yourself.

"I don't do suits"

Yet another line from Brewsters Millions that really is where you stole your whole campaign from isn't it?

It is 6 weeks until election.

In addition I'm not why you are so worried. If James Hampton won't reach non Facebook users surely that is better with regards to your twisted vendetta?

" I have not published my manifesto yet - work in progress. I'll be sure to post it here when I do. "

"I don't do suits"

Yet another line from Brewsters Millions that really is where you stole your whole campaign from isn't it?

In addition I'm not why you are so worried. If James Hampton won't reach non Facebook users surely that is better with regards to your twisted vendetta?

Because his Facebook rantings have been so unbelievably hilarious that many can't wait to see him making a complete twat of himself to everyone else. Hopefully with equally hilarious results.

Edited by Weevil central

Can't agree with you on that! The prospect of one of them being returned is so unpalatable that I've even considered standing myself out of sheer desperation.

Vote dumb or dumber is hardly a solution.

"I don't do suits"

Because his Facebook rantings have been so unbelievably hilarious that many can't wait to see him making a complete twat of himself to everyone else. Hopefully with equally hilarious results.

To be fair you seem worried.

• Like 2