There was a room full of people there last night and Scampi got overwhelmingly the best response. Most were elderly, so not your typical Facebook types.

For example, my 80 year old mother, thought he came across best. Another guy came up to me to ask "who the fella on the end was" so he could vote for Hampton.

Although Scampi won the evening, I think Watterson and Skelly will be relatively pleased with the night. Neither made a massive error and Scampi won't have spoken to enough people by the election to convince them that he is the best candidate, and you really need to hear him talk to realise that.

Did Bonzo flounce out?

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Skelly as CM would be the terminal breath of credible politics in the Isle of Man.

Shut up.

I hope he gets in if only to piss you off. Which it clearly would.

There was a room full of people there last night and Scampi got overwhelmingly the best response. Most were elderly, so not your typical Facebook types.

For example, my 80 year old mother, thought he came across best. Another guy came up to me to ask "who the fella on the end was" so he could vote for Hampton.

Although Scampi won the evening, I think Watterson and Skelly will be relatively pleased with the night. Neither made a massive error and Scampi won't have spoken to enough people by the election to convince them that he is the best candidate, and you really need to hear him talk to realise that.

Did Bonzo flounce out?

I didn't see him.

Or do you mean the Bonzo Slater from facebook? If the person I think is him, is indeed him, he was there but didn't see a flounce.

Edited by Declan

Did Bonzo flounce out?

I didn't see him.

Or do you mean the Bonzo Slater from facebook? If the person I think is him, is indeed him, he was there but didn't see a flounce.

Who else is Bonzo?!?!

On a side note I'm surprised you don't know him from the manx music glitterati scene

• Like 1

If you're looking for some riveting viewing on a Sunday evening, the videos from the Rushen Requisition meeting are now online. Not the best camera angle (sorry Mark & Leo), but you can hear everything that's said. There is a video for each question, plus the opening and closing statements. If you only have time to watch one I'd recommend the closing statements... I was on fire by then ;-)

Introductions...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcnp_qRajBU

Pretty shameful that "Do you want the power" has been allowed to upload the whole video to YouTube as a back drop to their own campaign. Surely if a video was taken at a requisition meeting it should be released and/or hosted by a separate and independent party like MT or the Newspapers not on the YouTube channel for only one of the candidates who is standing? Shameful political engineering when Do You Want The Power is vicariously linked to everything said by association as its broadcast on their You Tube channel.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what you mean fella? It was a public meeting, for the purpose of allowing the public to meet their candidates. Anyone was free to video it if they wanted to, including you. I put it on my account because it's my account, I videoed it and I'm sanding for election. It's called electioneering. If you can point to a regulation that's been broken I'll apologise and see to it straight away. I've offered to edit you out of them if you want?

I'm not sure what you mean fella? It was a public meeting, for the purpose of allowing the public to meet their candidates. Anyone was free to video it if they wanted to, including you. I put it on my account because it's my account, I videoed it and I'm sanding for election. It's called electioneering. If you can point to a regulation that's been broken I'll apologise and see to it straight away. I've offered to edit you out of them if you want?

It's very clear what I said. I believe that it should not be allowable for a video by one candidate which includes video of other candidates to be put on their own web channel. Either the government should host the full debate, or MT, or anyone else who is independent. Who is to know you haven't doctored it in anyway to make any of the other candidates on it appear in a less favorable light etc. I would have no problem with a candidate publishing clips of his own performance on his own site. But publishing the whole meeting including what people he was standing against said on his own channel I don't think should be allowable. Surely that is a valid observation? I'm not accusing you of anything by the way. But for all I, or anyone else, knows the video could be cut or whatever to project someone you're standing against in a poorer light as you filmed it and you broadcast it. Surely you can see the need for complete neutrality when media content is broadcast by a candidate that includes video and audio of things said by people they are standing against?

Edited by JackCarter
  • Like 1