Down south

TheTeapot

I dont believe you have to vote in Rushen to have an opinion on a particular candidate; especially one who proclaims that he will change Manx politics forever. I was looking at his interview clip with Peter Karran today, and also the original MT clip with Paul Moulton on Direct Democracy. They remind me of the Woody Allen film Zelig where a relatively nondescript person who, out of an extreme desire to fit in and be liked by the entire world, takes on the characteristics of the other people around him. He doesn't really seem to say or do anything. He just blends in, says very little of substance, and yet people seem to think he's doing something just by being there.

I wonder what scampi did to you in order for you to be waging a one man campaign of vitriol against him

He got a lot of support at the meeting, if he was out knocking on doors and talking to people, I think he'd oust Skelly.

Then force him to get out knocking on doors and talking to people.

This is one of the problems with him though itsn't it. He just seems to busy / lazy / lethargic / laid -back to even try to get himself elected.

If he can't be bothered knocking on doors then will he be bothered to actually represent the people of the Rushen?

Still waiting for that manifesto that was promised too

Here you go...

https://www.facebook.com/jameshamptonrus/posts/301373913588334

or here...

https://jameshamptoniom.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/the-manifesto/

Will be available as a video at the weekend.

Will be through your door next week.

Still happy to knock on your door whenever you like.

J.

Edited by James Hampton

Your obsessive desire to put the worst possible spin in everything he does has made you look daft on this one.

He's doing no harm. Best left to his own devices.

He's one of several on here who argue against facts.

ETA ...It takes all sorts

The facts are very clear but let's create a whole trail of sarcastic little digs to bump them further and further away just in case anyone might go back up and read them. I had a look back through your posts. What a sanctimonious left wing bore you are. I can see why you support this nonsense. You and Hampton appear to be the same sort of tired 1970s Citizen Smith lefty types who apparently are seeking to give the government more control here under the guise of a new democracy.

Are you a supporter of the low speed broadband, pro-accountancy politics of homeguard Captain Watterson?

No I have made my views clear in that I don't support anyone in Rushen and I'm not connected to any other candidate in Rushen. Now I can also add that I also suspect that the hapless hippy persona is nothing but a cynical put on. In fact I would say that this campaign has many of the hallmarks of a cynically managed self propaganda campaign to hoodwink the naive and impressionable into buying into this bullshit. It appears to be far too stage managed to be anything but.

I think it's just you mate. There is no hapless hippy persona as far as I'm concerned - unconventional yes, hapless I don't think so. Pretty clear from the information I've provided that I'm highly educated, run a successful business and will work anyone under the table. If I'm not playing the game as expected by not wearing a suit and going round granny farming that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. I've made it clear, I'm not able to canvas in the usual way because right now my family is more important than getting elected. I'm hoodwinking the public by offering them ultimate power over every decision. Loving your logic.

• Like 1

Your obsessive desire to put the worst possible spin in everything he does has made you look daft on this one.

The facts are very clear but let's create a whole trail of sarcastic little digs to bump them further and further away just in case anyone might go back up and read them. I had a look back through your posts. What a sanctimonious left wing bore you are. I can see why you support this nonsense. You and Hampton appear to be the same sort of tired 1970s Citizen Smith lefty types who apparently are seeking to give the government more control here under the guise of a new democracy.

Are you a supporter of the low speed broadband, pro-accountancy politics of homeguard Captain Watterson?

No I have made my views clear in that I don't support anyone in Rushen and I'm not connected to any other candidate in Rushen. Now I can also add that I also suspect that the hapless hippy persona is nothing but a cynical put on. In fact I would say that this campaign has many of the hallmarks of a cynically managed self propaganda campaign to hoodwink the naive and impressionable into buying into this bullshit. It appears to be far too stage managed to be anything but.

I think it's just you mate. There is no hapless hippy persona as far as I'm concerned - unconventional yes, hapless I don't think so. Pretty clear from the information I've provided that I'm highly educated, run a successful business and will work anyone under the table. If I'm not playing the game as expected by not wearing a suit and going round granny farming that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. I've made it clear, I'm not able to canvas in the usual way because right now my family is more important than getting elected. I'm hoodwinking the public by offering them ultimate power over every decision. Loving your logic.

That's not what I said. Not at any stage have you attempted to back up anything you say and there were lots of chances. As I said you appear to do a very good job as an actor in all of this playing at being the alternative slacker candidate against all the 'suits' to attract votes from a certain naive audience. You make yourself you look like some harmless slacker visionary when actually you appear to be quite ruthless in the way you appear to manipulate the local media and Facebook Groups with your flawed ideas. The video publishing trick being a prime example of this. Oh yes, and you're too cool to canvas for votes. How reactionary. Yet you'll take £45k a year if you get the chance even though you can't be arsed canvassing for it, and can't be arsed pitching any specific polices over and above your silly open democracy ideas.

James - I've never met you, wouldn't know you if I fell over you and think that your direct democracy plans are largely unworkable, naive, tosh. But I hope you are elected. You are articulate, witty, clearly have a brain (I'll take your word for it that you're hard-working) and are quite definitely not cut from the same cloth as the shambling assembly of half-wits currently infesting the House of Keys. I think you are representative of the breath of fresh air that is so desperately needed. Get out and knock on a few doors mate - I'm sure the family won't mind. I'm not a Rushen voter, but good luck on 22nd.

• Like 2

I dont believe you have to vote in Rushen to have an opinion on a particular candidate; especially one who proclaims that he will change Manx politics forever. I was looking at his interview clip with Peter Karran today, and also the original MT clip with Paul Moulton on Direct Democracy. They remind me of the Woody Allen film Zelig where a relatively nondescript person who, out of an extreme desire to fit in and be liked by the entire world, takes on the characteristics of the other people around him. He doesn't really seem to say or do anything. He just blends in, says very little of substance, and yet people seem to think he's doing something just by being there.

I wonder what scampi did to you in order for you to be waging a one man campaign of vitriol against him

What one man campaign? People should not put themselves in the public eye if they don't expect people to challenge their views and I have only expressed my views on here. They should expect challenge especially when their views are fairly radical and as such more open to criticism. Right back to the start I asked some perfectly reasonable questions about the flaws in open democracy (i.e. California etc). Not once has any real response been provided. That then lead to incorrect accusations that I was obviously a rival candidate etc, and more than a splash of Internet paranoia (such as yourself suggesting campaigns) to attempt to deflect and discredit rather than elaborating on the issues raised. I also liked the subtle, unfounded, accusations via Chips Cheese and Gravy in this regard the other day. That was a real conspiracy theory nut-fest to attempt to discredit the view expressed on the video stunt (I can only assume). Did CCG advise him on that attention seeking exercise I ask? I also thought the video was a cheap self publicity stunt and asked, quite reasonably, whether people thought there was a perceived conflict in one candidate publishing video of other candidates as it could potentially be edited with a particular bias. The issue of consent to use of other candidates images was side swiped when even Chips Cheese and Gravy ultimately confirmed that it's a civil matter and that it's good practice to obtain consent to avoid any legal issues and other upsets.

Edited by JackCarter

Oh dear. I was actually with you for a while there until the ego emerged scampi. This doesn't change the fact that you are a ballbag though jack
  • Like 1

What one man campaign? People should not put themselves in the public eye if they don't expect people to challenge their views and I have only expressed my views on here. They should expect challenge especially when their views are fairly radical and as such more open to criticism. Right back to the start I asked some perfectly reasonable questions about the flaws in open democracy (i.e. California etc). Not once has any real response been provided. That then lead to incorrect accusations that I was obviously a rival candidate etc, and more than a splash of Internet paranoia (such as yourself suggesting campaigns) to attempt to deflect and discredit rather than elaborating on the issues raised. I also liked the subtle, unfounded, accusations via Chips Cheese and Gravy in this regard the other day. That was a real conspiracy theory nut-fest to attempt to discredit the view expressed on the video stunt (I can only assume). Did CCG advise him on that attention seeking exercise I ask? I also thought the video was a cheap self publicity stunt and asked, quite reasonably, whether people thought there was a perceived conflict in one candidate publishing video of other candidates as it could potentially be edited with a particular bias. The issue of consent to use of other candidates images was side swiped when even Chips Cheese and Gravy ultimately confirmed that it's a civil matter and that it's good practice to obtain consent to avoid any legal issues and other upsets.

You're an absolute mentalist.

Yes of course, and apparently so is anyone who seeks to challenge James Hampton's motives or any of his open democracy chums. I underline the point I made above on trying to discredit rather than counter reasonable questions raised.

Yes of course, and apparently so is anyone who seeks to challenge James Hampton's motives or any of his open democracy chums. I underline the point I made above on trying to discredit rather than counter reasonable questions raised.

I actually share some of the same concerns as you in relation to his approach and direct democracy in general. But your over the top attacks and especially your obsession with the video have you coming across as either someone with a vested interest, or someone who's a bit of a lunatic.

• Like 1

I actually share some of the same concerns as you in relation to his approach and direct democracy in general. But your over the top attacks and especially your obsession with the video have you coming across as either someone with a vested interest, or someone who's a bit of a lunatic.

It's not an obsession and I have asked reasonable questions and will persist in doing so. I find it odd that CC&G tried a damage limitation 'news' exercise pretty quickly afterwards. They were only ever questions on a public forum that not many people read but refuting that quickly shows how sensitive people seem to be. I've worked in the media and the tactics are obvious. I think it was cynical, deliberately stage managed, and quite a contrived stunt to focus attention on one candidate when at the same time that candidate says they're too busy to knock on doors and engage with people t get votes. You can't play the 'I dont care about getting in' act when all your actions and stunts actually suggest 'I desperately want to get in at almost any cost'. That is really my point. You can't engage with them without being discredited. Maybe that's a pretty awful vision of what his online democracy might look like; some uber Facebook Group run by an autocrat who bans or discredits anyone who does not agree with them.

Edited by JackCarter

Oh dear. I was actually with you for a while there until the ego emerged scampi. This doesn't change the fact that you are a ballbag though jack

So James, if you are elected in one weeks time are you actually going to do the job you have applied for or will your family be more important than the people of Rushen ?

Exactly how are you going to find time to work as an MHK given that you can't find the time to canvas ?

As a voter, it would like the answer to that please

• Like 1

Pretty shameful that "Do you want the power" has been allowed to upload the whole video to YouTube as a back drop to their own campaign. Surely if a video was taken at a requisition meeting it should be released and/or hosted by a separate and independent party like MT or the Newspapers not on the YouTube channel for only one of the candidates who is standing? Shameful political engineering when Do You Want The Power is vicariously linked to everything said by association as its broadcast on their You Tube channel.

Stop being fucking stupid.

• Like 1