From his opening declaration, I think he might be Donald Trump's son.

Facebook

"I have decided to run for Government. I will be running for Rushen, looking to energise the area with some local initiatives and on a national scale I will be campaigning for both government and budgetary reform as matters of extreme urgency. I believe that a complete overhaul of both of the aforementioned and a drive to create an open, transparent and cooperative government will form the seed of our salvation.

We have suffered through years of financial incompetence, money spent on vanity projects, empire building and the forsaking of whats best for this once glorious island. Its time for change, its time we reclaimed our island and voted for a brighter future. . .one where we dont have 85% of students that go to university stay away, and one where students actually have something to boast about and to come back to.

If we want to fix the mess created by years of largesse and incompetence, if we want to solve our debt and pension problems then we need to create jobs for our students to come back to and we need to create a vibrant island for them to live on and for visitors to come to.

Tourism has been sorely neglected over the years and without a thriving tourism industry the Isle of Mans international name withers and becomes synonymous with just finance and low taxes. We need injections of common sense and innovation in order to reinvigorate the Island in the eyes of potential visitors. With sterling plunging foreign holidays have become more expensive and so people will be looking for a cheaper, local alternative. We dont need expensive and dangerous paving stones to attract visitors, we dont need slogans pitched at the masses but aimed at a privileged few, we dont need vanity projects where we pay consultants ridiculous sums of money and where we simply guess at the net cost of a project to the taxpayer, we need solutions, we need new initiatives led by knowledgeable and morally intact persons of experience and we need to begin the process now. In fact, we need knowledge and experience right across the upper echelons of government.

The bottom line is that we are underperforming as a nation and we have neglected or ignored the important issues for too long. Our government has been floundering, miring itself in debt and it has relied on spin for too long but the chickens have come home to roost. Budget reform never really happened, were still dipping into reserves. We have lost untold millions but we can still turn things around, we must turn things around. Budget reform can still happen and with the right calibre of candidate we can become solvent once more. We can put money aside for innovation and to safeguard our futures and we can work together to undo the stealth taxes of this past administration but, if we dont act now, we will find ourselves in a financial mess that we cant escape from.

So lets be honest with ourselves, but lets also be optimistic about the future because we have got an election coming up and we have got a chance to finally effect positive changes. With the right people in place we can create a thriving Island, one full of hope and opportunity where government are open and transparent, proactive, cooperative and diligent. One where our children grow up without knowing food or fuel poverty and one where they want to come back to the Island to work. The challenges are mighty but so can we be when we work together.

I will post again with some background on myself, my hopes for a future in government and the initiatives Im already working on, but in the mean-time and looking forwards towards a brighter future, lets do what we can to reclaim this island. . .your island. #‎reclaimyourisland"

Did you mean Donald Trumps's son Declan?

He's not (as far as I know) - I do have family roots south of the bridge tho'

I wouldn't however disagree with much of what he's written there

Let's Make The Isle Of Man Great Again!

When was the Isle of Man last great Donald?

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Skelly as CM would be the terminal breath of credible politics in the Isle of Man.

Shut up.

I hope he gets in if only to piss you off. Which it clearly would.

Great nominations and I like them...but I'll tell you exactly when the Isle of Man ceased to be great...when Felices' closed down and they took the swing boats from Glen Wyllin and Silverdale.

• Like 3

Great nominations and I like them...but I'll tell you exactly when the Isle of Man ceased to be great...when Felices' closed down and they took the swing boats from Glen Wyllin and Silverdale.

and closed the Douglas to Peel rail line.mad.gif

• Like 1

and closed the Douglas to Peel rail line.mad.gif

Bastards.

• Like 2

Isn't he Kerry Kemp's lad?

Nigel Kemps son I think.

To be fair, i'd vote for him as a constituency MHK over Skelly or Watterson who have both developed serious delusions of grandeur during the last term. Hed be a good back bench protagonist if he got in didn't follow suit and chase the financial uplift offered by the Departmental gravy train.

From what I can gather Skelly feels a former life as travel agent and Manx tat salesman is good grounding for CM and Juan has his eyes on the Speakers Chair now Rodan has been elevated.

Isn't he Kerry Kemp's lad?

Nigel Kemps son I think.

To be fair, i'd vote for him as a constituency MHK over Skelly or Watterson who have both developed serious delusions of grandeur during the last term. Hed be a good back bench protagonist if he got in didn't follow suit and chase the financial uplift offered by the Departmental gravy train.

From what I can gather Skelly feels a former life as travel agent and Manx tat salesman is good grounding for CM and Juan has his eyes on the Speakers Chair now Rodan has been elevated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Skelly as CM would be the terminal breath of credible politics in the Isle of Man.

• Like 6

Kemp has launched a poll, possibly inspired by the success of scampi. This one is about students not coming back after uni. It isn't very well written and claims 85% of students don't return. Sounds dubious to me.

Its on James corrins fb politics page along with a bunch of morons if anyone can be arsed with it.

Maybe Scampi fancies a go?

Hampson seems to revel in his role as some sort of third rate henchman and ingenue for his puppet master. I would have thought that if Phil Gawne ever removed his hand from up his alimentary canal he'd crumple up on the floor like the empty political glove-puppet he really is.

I'm sure many of our ' intelligent voters ' will absorb what you say, and think deeply about your opinions A concise and thought- provoking, set of comments. Congratulations.

Kemp has launched a poll, possibly inspired by the success of scampi. This one is about students not coming back after uni. It isn't very well written and claims 85% of students don't return. Sounds dubious to me.

Its on James corrins fb politics page along with a bunch of morons if anyone can be arsed with it.

Vader still has me banned from there :)

Just out of interest I notice that Manx Ices are made and sold at Silverdale these days.

• Like 1