Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Rhumsaa

General Calibre of Candidates

78 will be young in 15 years, when we all have to work till we're 107 just to get a state pension.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 1

So is it the general view that Beecroft is to be slagged off but not Singer?

Absolutely not. I'd be delighted to spend the evening slagging off both of them.

Absolutely not. I'd be delighted to spend the evening slagging off both of them.

Why restrict yourself to just one evening?

Why restrict yourself to just one evening?

It's unlikely that I will.

• Like 1

What seems really worrying at the moment, and I'm happy to be steered away from this if anyone thinks me wrong, but we seem to have most of the old guard dissapearing that held the view a low tax economy is a priority, to a lot of candidates that could conceivably put up local taxes to fill the gap.

What seems really worrying at the moment, and I'm happy to be steered away from this if anyone thinks me wrong, but we seem to have most of the old guard dissapearing that held the view a low tax economy is a priority, to a lot of candidates that could conceivably put up local taxes to fill the gap.

You're not wrong.

It's just like the Brexit. Let society eat itself as the only successes that will emerge are the people who shat all over everyone else in the first place. Wealth will just move, and the same angry people will just get angrier as they're even poorer than they were when they were sat in the second tier vicariously benefitting from other people's entrepreneurism and wealth creation.

Judges can be well into their 70s, eg the guy brought over to the Isle of Man to pontificate the Savings & Investment Bank was 75.

Was he being given a 5 year mandate to serve the people of the island?

Nope, but he was given a mandate to do a job. But after after 6 months he more-or-less said "screw this for a game of soldiers" and let the 8 em, alleged, erm crooks off. Scot free. And that 8 was just a few of them who could/should/would have been in the dock.

Turned out nice again...

• Like 1

Think there's one or two MBAs in the Keys as well

Chris Thomas is a financial analyst

An MBA is the most pointless qualification ever. For anything.

• Like 1

on its own...maybe. But what if it was preceeded by a nursing or a physics or chemistry degree?

Only for those that don't have them.

on its own...maybe. But what if it was preceeded by a nursing or a physics or chemistry degree?

Why would someone with those qualifications want one in Business Administration?

It's just like the Brexit. Let society eat itself as the only successes that will emerge are the people who shat all over everyone else in the first place. Wealth will just move, and the same angry people will just get angrier as they're even poorer than they were when they were sat in the second tier vicariously benefitting from other people's entrepreneurism and wealth creation.

The world seems to have gone completely mental post BREXIT with every loony group jumping out of the woodwork demanding representation. It's been the most divisive initiative in about the last 40 years that has set people against each other in a really unhealthy way. It's also given confidence to a whole pile of knobs to do things like stand for Keys. It seems that the quest for power without responsibility is simply too appealing. Let everyone vote for a whole load of shit ideas and then promise to implement the shit ideas. If it all goes wrong well we just point out that we knew they were shit ideas but we promised we'd implement them anyway. Politicians not paid to think or exercise judgement. What they want is no moral hazard in politics anymore - nobody is responsible for anything but the individual voters for being stupid and wanting random things that they can't even see the full implications of.

The world seems to have gone completely mental post BREXIT with every loony group jumping out of the woodwork demanding representation. It's been the most divisive initiative in about the last 40 years that has set people against each other in a really unhealthy way. It's also given confidence to a whole pile of knobs to do things like stand for Keys. It seems that the quest for power without responsibility is simply too appealing. Let everyone vote for a whole load of shit ideas and then promise to implement the shit ideas. If it all goes wrong well we just point out that we knew they were shit ideas but we promised we'd implement them anyway. Politicians not paid to think or exercise judgement. What they want is no moral hazard in politics anymore - nobody is responsible for anything but the individual voters for being stupid and wanting random things that they can't even see the full implications of.

Perhaps you would also like to blame Brexit for the zika virus, the varroa mite, the cool summer and the fact that you are not now a youngmanxfella. What a load of hysterical nonsense.