Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

I'm commenting on the in practice reality of the commercial relationship a business has with it printer. What has defamation legislation to do with anything?

Gosh this is hard work ......

responsibility for content.

You clearly do not live in the real commercial world. You can quote what you like. In practice if you supply content to a printer they will print that content exactly as you supply it. Unless anything is clearly and obviously defamatory. Or unless you are engaging them (and paying them) to also supply and check the copy.

I would recommend that you dont set up business as a printer :)

Why would I need to? I use printers several times a month under various commercial contracts. I engage them to print the content that my business produces. In practice that is exactly what they do. If there is an error in that content that's my problem. They don't check for typos or grammatical errors or for defects in copy unless I specifically pay them to do that. Or unless I ask them, or someone else, to write the copy. Or unless it's 100% glaringly obvious that there is an error.

Edited by BossHogg
  • Like 2

The Captain used an online print facility. Guess you get what you pay for.

We really do get the politicians we deserve!

And some that we don't it seems.

• Like 1

This is bizarre. Perhaps we should run all government policy by Copy Shop before implementation and blame them if everything goes horribly wrong.

• Like 1

90% of all late night take away's are evidence that printers do not proof read

Edited by Rhumsaa

If I am a printer and somebody who aspires to running the country comes to me to print his manifesto for government, am I going to go through it correcting his spelling and grammar? I think not.

• Like 1

If I am a printer and somebody who aspires to running the country comes to me to print his manifesto for government, am I going to go through it correcting his spelling and grammar? I think not.

It's pretty poor going on about the printers. I assume Capt Kurts first language isnt English? Therefore it seems quite a low thing to do to accuse him of having bad grammar in the first place. Unless you're Stan Boardman and you hate them geeeeermans.

• Like 1

This is bizarre. Perhaps we should run all government policy by Copy Shop before implementation...

You assume this hasn't already happened during the past 5 years!

As I suspected, Richard Falk is alright (friend confirmed, I don't trust my own judgement) so that's it.

Vote for CT & RF they're ace smile.png

According to his papers he was proposed by Cheeky Boy so he must be ok for a Tory.

do the forums T&C's mean nothing to you, you renegade

Sorry I didn't mean anything by it. I'd say that he's worth a vote if CB is happy enough to endorse. He seems a bit of a character but in a good way. Unlike some of the other D.C candidates who appear to be characters in other ways (eg: mental).

Cheeky Boy has previously outed himself on here on more than one occasion,so I don't think you need worry too much.

As I suspected, Richard Falk is alright (friend confirmed, I don't trust my own judgement) so that's it.

Vote for CT & RF they're ace smile.png

According to his papers he was proposed by Cheeky Boy so he must be ok for a Tory.

do the forums T&C's mean nothing to you, you renegade

Sorry I didn't mean anything by it. I'd say that he's worth a vote if CB is happy enough to endorse. He seems a bit of a character but in a good way. Unlike some of the other D.C candidates who appear to be characters in other ways (eg: mental).

Cheeky Boy has previously outed himself on here on more than one occasion,so I don't think you need worry too much.

yes my tongue was firmly in my cheek

Donald Trumps:Thomas lashes out at Treasury

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/welfare-reforms-need-supervision-by-politicians-says-mhk/ …

Your link comes up as Error 404. Perhaps the whip has been withdrawn.

It is possible that the Treasury Minister to be was not entirely happy with that being quoted at this particular time