Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Correct, I am not a Tory

Richard Falk was a Tory concillor in the UK, but here he is an independent, as are most of the parliament. I am proposing him because, in addition to being a freind, he is a strategic and creative thinker. A man capable of devloping soloutions to the tidal wave of problems heading toward our diminishing reserves

I disagree with him on many political issues, but that does not mean he would make a poor MHK. On the contrary, he is open to debate and can bring a different and broader perspective to Tynwald

Ours is a government by consensus, so unless he is made cheif minister in his first term he will have to make concessions to the other 23 members. He is clever and has a world view as opposed to the several dozen horse tram & dogshit obsessed parochial halfwits who are in contention to run our nation

I have to say I'm a bit surprised that you are backing Falk. But then you also backed Amy Burns. I sort-of recall the last time we spoke (we had both had more than a few) and you came across to me as very anti-establishment. In other words anything that rocked the boat was enough to win your support. Sure I could be miles off the page, and by all means put my balls on a trowel as required, but somehow I doubt it.

Hence my surprise as Falk gives me the impression that he WANTS to be part of the establishment. He moved to Mannin purely for the tax breaks. Not out of any alturistic reasons like the betterment of the manx people. He's on Mannin for the betterment of Richard Falk. He abandoned his constituents in Worthing. Face it, claiming to be saving money by not holding an election is not going to change the fact that he was no longer able to fully perform his constituency duties AS HIS CONSTITUENCY HAS A RIGHT TO EXPECT!

It interested me that he chose the username "POLITICIAN" when he joined this forum. Now why would he do that? I think he views himself as a professional politico. When I gently teased him about abandoning his electorate he frequently answered my question with a question of his own. The hallmark of shit politicians the world over.

I suspect that if elected then he'll abandon his manifesto and electorate (well, he has form) quicker than a priest speeding from a brothel.

Edit typo

My support for Amy Burns was at the very least misguided, I knew very little about her at the time and really only signed her proposal form because she was up against Malarkey.

You are not the first and won't be the last to question my judgement in that matter, I'll put my hands up for that one

Richard Falk is someone I have known since he first moved here, he is a Tory and is quite upfront about that. I don't share his Conservative leanings and he knows that, we agree to differ on such matters

The reason he has my support is that I believe he has a great love for the Island and I feel that he would use his intellect and experience for its betterment. I may be mistaken and if it turns out that I am then I will be held to account

Running our Island is always going to require a lot of compromise, I believe it's better to be pragmatic and work toward a common goal rather than dismiss anything which doesn't dovetail exactly with your ideology

• Like 3

Correct, I am not a Tory

Richard Falk was a Tory concillor in the UK, but here he is an independent, as are most of the parliament. I am proposing him because, in addition to being a freind, he is a strategic and creative thinker. A man capable of devloping soloutions to the tidal wave of problems heading toward our diminishing reserves

I disagree with him on many political issues, but that does not mean he would make a poor MHK. On the contrary, he is open to debate and can bring a different and broader perspective to Tynwald

Ours is a government by consensus, so unless he is made cheif minister in his first term he will have to make concessions to the other 23 members. He is clever and has a world view as opposed to the several dozen horse tram & dogshit obsessed parochial halfwits who are in contention to run our nation

I have to say I'm a bit surprised that you are backing Falk. But then you also backed Amy Burns. I sort-of recall the last time we spoke (we had both had more than a few) and you came across to me as very anti-establishment. In other words anything that rocked the boat was enough to win your support. Sure I could be miles off the page, and by all means put my balls on a trowel as required, but somehow I doubt it.

Hence my surprise as Falk gives me the impression that he WANTS to be part of the establishment. He moved to Mannin purely for the tax breaks. Not out of any alturistic reasons like the betterment of the manx people. He's on Mannin for the betterment of Richard Falk. He abandoned his constituents in Worthing. Face it, claiming to be saving money by not holding an election is not going to change the fact that he was no longer able to fully perform his constituency duties AS HIS CONSTITUENCY HAS A RIGHT TO EXPECT!

It interested me that he chose the username "POLITICIAN" when he joined this forum. Now why would he do that? I think he views himself as a professional politico. When I gently teased him about abandoning his electorate he frequently answered my question with a question of his own. The hallmark of shit politicians the world over.

I suspect that if elected then he'll abandon his manifesto and electorate (well, he has form) quicker than a priest speeding from a brothel.

Edit typo

I suspect that too

nb Don't forget he's a professional copywriter

I listened to MR's Constituency Debate the other night featuring the candidates of Douglas Central. Who the fuck told Sara Hackman to stand for the Keys? This airhead had no ideas, came across as thick as pig shit and contributed absolutely nothing to the debate. At some point in her decision to stand for the Keys, someone close to her must have told her that this was a really good idea. That person should take a long hard look at themselves. Absolute fucking embarrassment

• Like 3

This airhead had no ideas, came across as thick as pig shit and contributed absolutely nothing to the debate. At some point in her decision to stand for the Keys, someone close to her must have told her that this was a really good idea.

She'll fit right in then.

I loved that teacher woman telling the world that IOMG is all a front controlled by the IOM civil service

Does she work for the government, I wonder?

• Like 1

Chris Thomas has published his manifesto online, by the way

http://mm.aiircdn.com/147/57d062ff08223.pdf

is it just me or does the picture of CT on the front page look like he's popping his head round a corner where he's not welcome

Round a corner in the 'corridors of power'?

#TopicalSatire

It looks as if we all need to thank you again for presenting the manifestos as they become available. Its a great help

As for Mr Thomas:

I know him to be a very bright chap but his communication skills are dreadfully inadequate. I'm afraid his manifesto provides further evidence of that.

• Like 1

It looks as if we all need to thank you again for presenting the manifestos as they become available. Its a great help

As for Mr Thomas:

I know him to be a very bright chap but his communication skills are dreadfully inadequate. I'm afraid his manifesto provides further evidence of that.

I would agree with that but I did get through some of it. I'm pleased that instead of just saying "encourage business/spending" like other candidates he has put in practical suggestions as to how we can do things.

Meanwhile...

Eleven days to go and I've had nothing from Inglis or Corlett. Not even a postcard or leaflet through the door. Not great.

Sarahc I'd actually be pleased not to have heard from either of them.

True! I can't see me voting for either of them, but you'd think they'd at least put something in the post. It's not like I live in the middle of nowhere, there are hundreds of houses where I am.