Lithium ion Battery transportation issues.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so how does the local supplier get it here ?   it's like ordering a taxi when you can't get your car through the snow

ship to man works if the battery can be posted within the UK

Properly labelled shipments containing batteries will arrive just fine via surface mail or courier. Much of the mail around the UK goes by plane too. The main issue is with sellers not following

I needed batteries for a Motorola phone and was unable to source any in the UK for delivery to the IOM.

I found a firm Subtel. UK which is actually based in Germany and would ship to the IOM using a surface carrier DPD for about 10 euros.

Took about two weeks, because of delays caused by Coronavirus, for Manx Independant Carriers to drop them at my door.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, snowman said:

Batteries are an aviation issue rather than post office

You'll need a service that uses the ferry 

But it is an Isle of Man Post Office issue in that the sole means of transportation of mail to the Island appears to be by plane.  That is a decision taken here.

10 hours ago, squelch said:

I needed batteries for a Motorola phone and was unable to source any in the UK for delivery to the IOM.

I found a firm Subtel. UK which is actually based in Germany and would ship to the IOM using a surface carrier DPD for about 10 euros.

Took about two weeks, because of delays caused by Coronavirus, for Manx Independant Carriers to drop them at my door.

Good luck.

Thanks squelch

15 hours ago, WTF said:

ship to man works if the battery can be posted within the UK

Thanks WTF.

8 hours ago, Mongoose-Man said:

But it is an Isle of Man Post Office issue in that the sole means of transportation of mail to the Island appears to be by plane.

But that’s not true ( and even if it were mail goes both ways so one way it’d be IoM, the other UK )

Quick excerpt from IoM Post website. My highlight

Incoming Mail (UK or international to IOM)

Mail is received into the Island on our dedicated aircraft Tuesday to Saturday mornings each week, augmented by sea containers arriving up to seven days per week.

Edited by John Wright
  • Like 1

Ah but that's because they know you can't walk too far with your problem! Other IOM deliveries get a straight NO.

Unless you tell them they're for your mechanical legs, Wallace and Gromit style!! ;)

Anyway, what's wrong with Whittakers???

Take care Doc, it ain't over till it's over!

• Like 1

Properly labelled shipments containing batteries will arrive just fine via surface mail or courier.

Much of the mail around the UK goes by plane too. The main issue is with sellers not following the rules and properly labelling what they sell.

Edited by pongo
  • Thanks 2

Cost, availability and delivery time plus getting there. That's enough reason's for me. The goods I require are always available within a few days from the suppliers I use on the net, good quality and a lot cheaper. They are also available for my ancient, well used drills.