Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Kerry Coops

Binlid takes over Manx Radio

If you seriously think ythat 'more money' is the answer

the failed black country boy seems to think so in regards to manx radiowhatever.gif

Oh dear, Frankie has upset more of the forums right wing junta again. It seems there are lot of irrational Trump supporters on here once more using his eloquent vocabulary of - deluded, clueless, or loser as a substitute for debate.

• Like 1

Can I point out though, that it isn't a Manx thing, this Manx Radio bashing.

I don't know any real Manx folk who are not happy with the way MR is run. I doubt Wankyfrank is Manx at all and is more than likely just another effing sock puppet of some sad soul.

I'm fairly sure that the stamp in my passport doesn't say "Loves Manx Radio". Please don't use this as an argument, you make us sound like a bunch of narrers.

Ok Stuart, thanks for that rant. It doesn't mean anyone is wrong. Just that you have to resort to trying to discredit the views of others using a sock puppet.

I am not Stu Peters.

I have great respect for Stu though and I rate highly the work he does for/on Manx Radio. I also admire his composure on here when faced with idiots like you and woody2, with neither of you being fit to lick his boots.

I remember Stu when he found himself driving taxis, just to put food on his table, after what I can only guess was a big let down in his business / home life.

That could not have been easy, but he got stuck in and worked some shitty shifts to bring in some dollar.

He is now in a better place and no doubt looks back and laughs at those times and has moved onward and upward to the position he is now in.

Why are so many people jealous of what people like Stu do and achieve and why all the hatred to Manx Radio and the rest of the staff there.

I really am at a loss to understand what goes through your head.

I met Dilli down Mooragh Park on Saturday and can confirm he is in fact a giant sock masquerading as a human

• Like 3

Ok Stuart, thanks for that rant. It doesn't mean anyone is wrong. Just that you have to resort to trying to discredit the views of others using a sock puppet.

I am not Stu Peters.

I have great respect for Stu though and I rate highly the work he does for/on Manx Radio. I also admire his composure on here when faced with idiots like you and woody2, with neither of you being fit to lick his boots.

I remember Stu when he found himself driving taxis, just to put food on his table, after what I can only guess was a big let down in his business / home life.

That could not have been easy, but he got stuck in and worked some shitty shifts to bring in some dollar.

He is now in a better place and no doubt looks back and laughs at those times and has moved onward and upward to the position he is now in.

Why are so many people jealous of what people like Stu do and achieve and why all the hatred to Manx Radio and the rest of the staff there.

I met Dilli down Mooragh Park on Saturday and can confirm he is in fact a giant sock masquerading as a human

I've been called worse.thumbsup.gif

Oh..... and it was nice to meet you too. smile.png

I was tempted to introduce myself as PL/TSM or MTP, but I thought I may have got a slap !

Edited by dilligaf
  • Like 1

In that respect, Manx Radio could well have as much effect on a sick, laid up patient stuck on a miserable ward in a bland hospital as an extra couple of "Doctors or Nurses" could.

It might see one or two off to the other side I grant you.

No more than already pass because of the exceptionally poor quality of Doctors and Nurses that already work here.

What? All of them? Crazy comment. We have many first class medics. Not all of them of course but don't tar all with same brush.

• Like 1

I am not Stu Peters.

I've been called worse.thumbsup.gif

Oh..... and it was nice to meet you too. smile.png

I was tempted to introduce myself as PL/TSM or MTP, but I thought I may have got a slap !

I regretted not asking you to explain the um bongo reference

• Like 1

And what would you spend that saved 77p a week on, woody2?

77p per taxpayer in a household of two taxpayers = 77 x 2 x 4 = £6.16 per month for which you can get a Netflix subscription.

• Like 1

77p per taxpayer in a household of two taxpayers = 77 x 2 x 4 = £6.16 per month for which you can get a Netflix subscription.

so thats where the shit tax goes manx radio

so thats where the shit tax goes manx radio

Why do you call yourself "Johnnie" only during the TT Mr. Moss?

Chips and cheese has gone Rhumsaa. And not much gravy.

We have this discussion at least once a year - the suggestion that MR provides content to other stations presumes that they would want it. Listening to their output I suggest that they wouldn't. They do the 'more music' thing very well but neither 3FM nor Energy seem inclined to do more than that - maybe because it's expensive but more likely because they want to paddle their own canoes and do things their own way (including running an Asda ad on Energy this afternoon which I presume was part of the UK network chart show).

And whilst we are all savvy with online stuff, a large part of our audience isn't and has no desire to be. The death of radio has been on the cards for decades, but while many homes still have an FM set in the bathroom, the bedroom, the kitchen and the car I can't see it succumbing any time soon.

Arguing against yourself Stu, Fm broadcast News all through the working week, admittedly not at weekends, and their news is nearly always different from yours with regard to ' Local ' content. Don't know about Energy, it is more for the young ones, which is fine. The reason I say 'arguing against yourself ' is that you say Energy and FM are not inclined to expand their programming to cover other items than music, and the reason you give is that it is to expensive to do so. Which is exactly what most of us are eluding to ; that the reason MR CAN afford to do the expanded programming is because they get a massive ( Handout ) from the Government ( us the public ) As to the advertising , I would have thought that conforms to your much vaunted ' free market ' and 90% of Manx Radios Advertising output features English accents , are amateurish , and frequently dreadful. The few ads featuring Manx voices, are the only ones remotely entertaining. By the way do you not advertise your Cafe on any of the Radio Stations, or do you have enough of a captive audience in Athol Street. Not for long judging by the amount of Companies moving out of the area

• Like 1