Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Bray Hill

Tom Jones - Nobles Park

By all accounts he put on a good show. However it appears that it was not a sell out concert so the concert has not maximized its profits on the ticket sales.

Nobles Park is absolutely destroyed due to the weather and tractors/wagons etc. required to remove all the equipment connected to the concert.

Just wondering if the cost of repair to the Nobles Park field has been built in to the price of staging this concert or has this yet to be taken from any profit earned. Even the clean up of the mud on the car parks (although a good down pour would wash most of this away, but I would imagine that the gardeners who keep the park in tip top condition would not leave it to the rain) would need to be accounted for. The field is in a worse state now compared to the TT a couple of years ago when we had all that rain at the start of the festival.

By all accounts he put on a good show. However it appears that it was not a sell out concert so the concert has not maximized its profits on the ticket sales.

Nobles Park is absolutely destroyed due to the weather and tractors/wagons etc. required to remove all the equipment connected to the concert.

Just wondering if the cost of repair to the Nobles Park field has been built in to the price of staging this concert or has this yet to be taken from any profit earned. Even the clean up of the mud on the car parks (although a good down pour would wash most of this away, but I would imagine that the gardeners who keep the park in tip top condition would not leave it to the rain) would need to be accounted for. The field is in a worse state now compared to the TT a couple of years ago when we had all that rain at the start of the festival.

It does look destroyed, but the Corpy boys will have it back in shape in a couple of weeks.

I have seen it in this state before and was amazed just how quick it recovered.

Oh and I think they will be well in pocket for it too.

They reckon there were about 4000 there and the capacity was 10000 so plenty of spare space. Hope they did their sums and came out OK. As for TJ, yes, he is a consummate performer.

It was a great night, spoilt only by the weather and the beer tents running out of everything except red wine.

As for Tom, my friend and I agreed 'we would'.

Why does everything come to money on this Island? we had a top class performer over who put on a good show and people had a good nights entertainment. Some money might need to be used to fix up the grass at Nobles Park which never actually gets used anyway, that money would only get wasted somewhere else.

• Like 1

It was a great night, spoilt only by the weather and the beer tents running out of everything except red wine.

They ran out? So much for the bumpf that suggested you hang around the bars afterwards until 11:30.

As for your last comment Gladys, you probably only had to ask him nicely, and provide your own vitamin V.

They ran out? So much for the bumpf that suggested you hang around the bars afterwards until 11:30.

As for your last comment Gladys, you probably only had to ask him nicely, and provide your own vitamin V.

I would always ask nicely, and I had a bottle of Sanatagen!

• Like 1

Yes the tents ran dry before Tom came on. Terrible really, it is not as though the Villa are new to this victualling lark.

Yes the tents ran dry before Tom came on. Terrible really, it is not as though the Villa are new to this victualling lark.

perhaps they aren't actually used to being 'busy' :lol:

i bet there wasn't a dry seat in the house though

laugh.png I hope there were a few, because a lot of men went too.!

• Like 1

Not quite. I managed to get a pint in during one of his new songs that I wasn't interested in, just before sexbomb if I recall correctly.

Tom Jones is a very talented guy but did you know he is a committed Christian who prays every night before he goes to sleep? A real inspiration to see a celebrity be so honest about their faith instead of hiding it for fear of ridicule. I wish I had been to the show.