TT ITV 4

Paulos

I haven't seen this yet, did the copper just get a whiff in a communal block of flats and decide to put a door in? Was he 100% sure?

As I pointed out in post #15, they were stood outside by the top of the guy's window.

Do you think the police would allow footage of something dodgy to be aired if there was such a thing.?

BTW, what is a "communal block of flats" ?

Of course not.They operate an all cameras off policy for those situations.w00t.gif

• Like 1

They give it a tap to show they would and he opened it. He'd been given adequate chance to open it too. He strung it out until he had no choice.

I'm surprised our Home Affairs lot didn't buy one of them liquid metal models,like Terminator 2, and he could just pour himself in through the letter plate.

....So much UK VAT money was spent with such little imagination as to what it was spent on.......Never mind.

• Like 2

A fella sitting in his own home, alone, smoking a spliff, doing absolutely no harm to anyone..........................The only possible objection that anyone could have is that he's breaking the law.

The police, mob handed, kick his door in and search his flat, finding a small quantity of soft drug................Many objections could be made, not least they are breaking the law.

But,but,but.....he might be sitting there thinking some illegal thoughts......you can't be too careful when dealing with these buggers,you know.

Edited by Lisenchuk

A fella sitting in his own home, alone, smoking a spliff, doing absolutely no harm to anyone..........................The only possible objection that anyone could have is that he's breaking the law.

The police, mob handed, kick his door in and search his flat, finding a small quantity of soft drug................Many objections could be made, not least they are breaking the law.

At the very start of the clip, the WPC is on her radio telling ( I presume) HQ Control, that "we are at that address now and there is a strong smell of cannabis".

So my guess is they were going there anyway, either on this matter or something else.

How can you construct your post from the little you have seen?.

You follow the method frequently used by the Manx constabulary to construct a case in the 80's and early 90's.......You make it up out of thin air.

Now that's what I call being economical with the truth.

• Like 1

I have to say, I favour liberalisation of drugs laws for all kinds of reasons. But, the law is the law the police are there to enforce it, not decide what they should or shouldn't enforce based on their own subjective judgment.

It's probably as good a time as ever to suss out what any of the canvasing candidates propose to do about the stance over the next term of Govt.

In fact,I think I'll make this one of the numerous questions I'd like to hear their thinking on before crossing any boxes on election day.

After all,Bell did say he felt the subject needed a re-think......did sweet FA about it,though

Edited by Lisenchuk
  • Like 2

It sounds like the Police were already on their way to this guy's flat for some reason, so they were not just snooping about flats and happened to smell some cannabis and broke a door in.

If the Police did have a policy of snooping about random flats and knocking doors in because they think they can smell cannabis (a subjective detection method given your own brain can stir up smell sensors) then I'd be against that. Yes, the Police should turn a blind eye to people smoking cannabis. I don't care what the law says, it needs to be changed.

• Like 1

(Ah well, I may as well join in....)

Police were walking up and down Douglas Promenade constantly during TT week. If you live in a basement flat on a busy Loch Promenade (just along from the Loch Hotel), don't go spliffing cannabis.

I watched it tonight on ITV4. I didn't think it was that good to be honest.

I watched it tonight on ITV4. I didn't think it was that good to be honest.

I think there would be many many events throughout the British Isles that would bite your hand of for the sort of coverage given to the TT and the Islands Police Force, who came over as helpful , efficient and friendly. What can possibly be wrong with that. As is usual on MF many are featuring on the ' Drugs Bust ' clip. Very sad opinions, the Police have a job to do, no- one was hurt , and the law was upheld, which I would have thought most would approve off. To get back to the other 58 minutes of the 1 hour programme, very good. Showed the Police as caring during accidents , and enhancing their reputation with our visiting fans. I think most from off Island would be very impressed, and reassured if they are thinking of visiting the TT or MGP in the future

• Like 3

Yeh I'm sure it was a 40 to 45 minute programme.

Coronation Street earlier in the week - 18 minutes actual story in an advertised 30 minute Programme. Mabye the reason for the amount of ads on the TT programme was because of demand from advertisers for slots on a Programme featuring ' The Greatest Road Races in the World '

• Like 1