Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Donald Trumps

Most Propitious Manifesto 2016

Who has the most interesting, most feasible, most genuinely packed with good, new ideas?

Carl Parker has a very colourful website with wizzy manifesto options, and video with him talking to a nice looking women who appears to believe everything he says

Don't think she's a replicant

Anyway, anyone seen anything with some original thought in it?

I look forward to reading those from Scampi & Chris Thomas particularly

Could someone please do me/us a favour......

.......or if IOM Newspapers are reading this, maybe they can do a page on it.......

Please can a list be put together of each constituency and who the current candidates are?

I'm finding it difficult to keep up.

Thanks

Wow, thanks for that.

How come Onchan only has 4,915 registered "electors" when it has a population of 9,172? Are there really 4,257 kids, nearly half the population?

Is there anywhere on the www that I can find out the way my current MHK's voted on issues in Tynwald?

Some of Onchan is now in Garff.

Not all residents register to vote.

Some are kids.

• Like 1

Is there anywhere on the www that I can find out the way my current MHK's voted on issues in Tynwald?

Apart from searching Hansard and hoping a division was called (the only time votes get registered) no there isn't

Yes. Just look at what's left in the reserves.
  • Like 2

Apart from searching Hansard and hoping a division was called (the only time votes get registered) no there isn't

I read somewhere that only one member need call for a division, but does it then have to get supported by a majority vote before it can proceed?

Edited by llap

I read somewhere that only one member need call for a division, but does it then have to get supported by a majority vote before it can proceed?

No. If a division is called for, then it must proceed and Hansard will record who voted which way. If no division is called for, Hansard does not record the vote of each member individually.

Thanks Donald, I had to look up 'propitious' in an actual dictionary. New word for me. I will endeavour to use it in conversation at some point.

I couldn't use 'promising' as it'd imply stuff that wouldn't be delivered

A sea life centre with Dolphins and stuff at Port Erin Marine Biological Station!

• Like 1