Insincere racist gets done for £300 - only in the IOM!

I find it kind of ironic that OMF is trying to defend so called "racist" words, while using homophobic terms like "gay" (as a derogative rather than descriptive term) and "limp wristed".

I made no mention of anyone being "gay" simply "limp wristed" (i.e. Effeminate) which is something entirely different.
You did.

Which will offend rmanx. He's a tree hugger and a benny

Don't come all holier than thou with me just because your narrow view of the world is challenged.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fairly sure if you were on the mainland and you were pissed at 3.30pm and abusing people in the street and threatening them you would get arrested as well. the fact some posters seem to think that

That comes across as insincere.

There was more than enough going on before his silly racist insults to have been in trouble. To me he comes across as a pisshead who has been threatening to staff and then made comments to some Asian

I find it kind of ironic that OMF is trying to defend so called "racist" words, while using homophobic terms like "gay" (as a derogative rather than descriptive term) and "limp wristed".

I made no mention of anyone being "gay" simply "limp wristed" (i.e. Effeminate) which is something entirely different.
You did.

Which will offend rmanx. He's a tree hugger and a benny

Don't come all holier than thou with me just because your narrow view of the world is challenged.

Definitely a benny

A bell end saying inappropriate things, yes, but I think it's a stretch to call him a racist based solely on a joke made while drunk as a skunk. I think racism and racist should be labels reserved for genuine cases or it dilutes their meaning.

The whole thing is fucking hilarious. What on earth have the police got to do if this is a crime that ends up in court? A drunk man makes a bad joke aimed at the wrong targets. Gets a £300 fine.

There was more than enough going on before his silly racist insults to have been in trouble. To me he comes across as a pisshead who has been threatening to staff and then made comments to some Asians. It isn't quite like you've made it out to be.

i agree. the guys an idiot. he should have shown a bit more sense and just got back in his car and driven away.

Hmm, I don't think drink driving is showing a bit more sense. thumbsup.gif

Regardless of the wording of the charge etc. An offensive lowlife who thinks its appropriate to be abusive to shop workers going about their daily business got what was coming to him. Well done IOM Police and Courts.

• Like 3

'Threatening words or behaviour' just shouldn't be a criminal offence IMO. Waste of public money attempting to police verbal exchanges between adults. Nothing inherently wrong with frank and vibrant expression of our opinions or emotions. There should be no state interference in that area.

If they were carrying a spoon I would laugh at them unless I happened to be carrying a knife, in which case a game of knifey spooney would ensue.

If they were carrying a knife that's a different matter. They would present a real physical threat to my life and that's when it would be right for the police to get involved.

Some random pisshead saying 'I'm gonna slash your throat mate.' without any real physical intent is not worth getting police and courts involved.