Insincere racist gets done for £300 - only in the IOM!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fairly sure if you were on the mainland and you were pissed at 3.30pm and abusing people in the street and threatening them you would get arrested as well. the fact some posters seem to think that

That comes across as insincere.

There was more than enough going on before his silly racist insults to have been in trouble. To me he comes across as a pisshead who has been threatening to staff and then made comments to some Asian

'Threatening words or behaviour' just shouldn't be a criminal offence IMO. Waste of public money attempting to police verbal exchanges between adults. Nothing inherently wrong with frank and vibrant expression of our opinions or emotions. There should be no state interference in that area.

I agree with you. It does seem ridiculous that someone can get fined for saying something stupid when drunk. I know several people who would be completely destitute if that became the norm.

• Like 1

It was discussed after the arrest but I don't think the case has been completed in the courts as yet? I think it's still ongoing. Although Crellin'ss sentence has occurred first, I wonder if his shenanigans happened before or after Wild's?

Edited by llap

It was discussed after the arrest but I don't think the case has been completed in the courts as yet? I think it's still ongoing. Although Crellin'ss sentence has occurred first, I wonder if his shenanigans happened before or after Wild's?

He was sentenced in February

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/drink-driving-politician-tony-wild-is-spared-prison-sentence-1-7734313

I thought I had read it somewhere.

He was sentenced in Februaryhttp://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/drink-driving-politician-tony-wild-is-spared-prison-sentence-1-7734313

I thought I had read it somewhere.

Thanks. I don't keep up to date with Manx news. Too provincial for me.

Seems Wild got a lesser punishment than Crelliin for a much worse crime IMHO.

'Threatening words or behaviour' just shouldn't be a criminal offence IMO. Waste of public money attempting to police verbal exchanges between adults. Nothing inherently wrong with frank and vibrant expression of our opinions or emotions. There should be no state interference in that area.

It's very clear that neither you nor your loved ones (let's assume you have some) have never worked in retail

• Like 1

It's very clear that neither you nor your loved ones (let's assume you have some) have never worked in retail

It never ceases to amaze me how people who sell booze, fags, and lottery scratch cards for a living get all snobby about dealing with the sort of people who buy booze, fags and scratch cards.

Edited by oldmanxfella

Yeah, I've worked in retail and a bunch of other public facing jobs. The abuse you get is usually just people letting off steam, and if you can't handle it without getting the police involved you shouldn't be in that sort of job.

If they were carrying a spoon I would laugh at them unless I happened to be carrying a knife, in which case a game of knifey spooney would ensue.

If they were carrying a knife that's a different matter. They would present a real physical threat to my life and that's when it would be right for the police to get involved.

Some random pisshead saying 'I'm gonna slash your throat mate.' without any real physical intent is not worth getting police and courts involved.

Maybe he's got a knife. Maybe he hasn't. Maybe he's just going to use his fists and then when you're down dizzy and confused he'll sink his teeth into your neck and rip at your jugular.

Or maybe he won't. Hard to identify "real physical intent".

If they were carrying a spoon I would laugh at them unless I happened to be carrying a knife, in which case a game of knifey spooney would ensue.

If they were carrying a knife that's a different matter. They would present a real physical threat to my life and that's when it would be right for the police to get involved.

Some random pisshead saying 'I'm gonna slash your throat mate.' without any real physical intent is not worth getting police and courts involved.

Maybe he's got a knife. Maybe he hasn't. Maybe he's just going to use his fists and then when you're down dizzy and confused he'll sink his teeth into your neck and rip at your jugular.

Pretty clear that you have never paid attention in class, neither.

• Like 1

Hard to identify "racism" and "abuse" too seeing as they are some of the fuzziest and most debated concepts we have yet designed. Doesn't seem to worry the police and courts a great deal, not when it comes to drunken ranting anyway.

Until our imaginary assailant actually rips out my jugular, or just hinders my progress, he's just a bag of hot air.