Back a newcomer, for a £200 bet on death ..

GaryPotter

What's the classic TT? I thought the early Autumn snoozefest was the MGP. Or is it just another excuse for the Government to stretch the tedium out?

A suggestion - why don't all wannabe MHKs and other Tynpotwalders sponsor a rider - it's not as if they are short of a bob or two. I'm sure they could offset it against tax - some Tynpotwalders have businesses - do they currently sponsor? If not why not? It may set a precedent and encourage others. The biggest trendsetter could be Mr Bell, Chief Minister - after all, follow the leader!

Only, if they made it public. A good way for us to know which prospective candidates are TT fanatics and not vote for them.

A good way for us to know which prospective candidates are TT fanatics and not vote for them.

You and/or MTP should stand.

I have only ever known one MHK who is anti bike/TT/MGP and in conversation one day, I would say for good reason.

However, they were savvy enough to keep those feelings to themselves.

A suggestion - why don't all wannabe MHKs and other Tynpotwalders sponsor a rider - it's not as if they are short of a bob or two. I'm sure they could offset it against tax - some Tynpotwalders have businesses - do they currently sponsor? If not why not? It may set a precedent and encourage others. The biggest trendsetter could be Mr Bell, Chief Minister - after all, follow the leader!

Only, if they made it public. A good way for us me to know which prospective candidates are TT fanatics and not vote for them.

:)

That isn't correct. Well at least not last year anyway. There was definitely mgp vip packages.

There were VIP's yes but not sold packages, mainly sponsors, guests etc.

http://www.manxgrandprix.org/MGP

https://shop.iomtt.com/VIP/Classic-TT-VIP

flap, on 15 Aug 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

So who actually gets the £200? The rider, all,of it? Or does a private company or.the government take a cut of the action?

The rider gets it, this is not a government initiative, it is organised by the MMCC to help newcomer riders with costs as they have to come here for a couple of days for a familiarisation seminar prior to being accepted to ride. They also have to come to the island early for further instruction just prior to the event and it all costs extra cash.

I'm sure some of the MHK/MLCs turn up at the VIP tent and get hospitality.

Perhaps some of the prospective MHKs open their homes like Homestay for an aspiring rider - will save them some costs.

A good way for us to know which prospective candidates are TT fanatics and not vote for them.

I have only ever known one MHK who is anti bike/TT/MGP and in conversation one day, I would say for good reason.

Because if you express even indifference to the TT, you are attacked by its most vociferous supporters.

It needs scaling back to a size the Island can cope with, and the marketing needs to be less macho. We need to focus less on "testing your skills on the speed limit free Island" and more on "watch the racing and hang out with fellow bikers" element. Most of all we need a minister who doesn't hail the event an unqualified success when five people have died in the fortnight.

So perhaps an MHK that put that point of view would be helpful, to be representative of all the Island's people there should be a few skeptics and anti's in the Keys too, even if they are a minority.

• Like 5

Because if you express even indifference to the TT, you are attacked by its most vociferous supporters.

It needs scaling back to a size the Island can cope with, and the marketing needs to be less macho. We need to focus less on "testing your skills on the speed limit free Island" and more on "watch the racing and hang out with fellow bikers" element. Most of all we need a minister who doesn't hail the event an unqualified success when five people have died in the fortnight.

So perhaps an MHK that put that point of view would be helpful, to be representative of all the Island's people there should be a few skeptics and anti's in the Keys too, even if they are a minority.

That sounds like heresy talk to me...I await the accusations of you being MDO, PL or one of the other acronyms

Not liking the TT is fine, obviously.

Posting inflammatory shite like the OP in a (successful) attempt to get people to respond vitriolically, and then complaining about the responses, not so much.

• Like 1

Who's focusing on the " testing your skills on the speed limit free island", I've never heard the TT/MGP marketed in that way.

Edited by Monkey boy
  • Like 1

Surely any MHK is used to being publicly attacked in such a way about a whole range of subjects. I think it more likely that they needed to be popularly elected and knew that their view was a minority one.

If anti TT/MGP sentiment were widespread on the island there would be no need for rent a troll Lunaire to constantly reinvent himself to give the illusion of support.

What's the classic TT? I thought the early Autumn snoozefest was the MGP. Or is it just another excuse for the Government to stretch the tedium out?

Only, if they made it public. A good way for us to know which prospective candidates are TT fanatics and not vote for them.

Why don't you just ask any prospective candidates you are thinking of voting for?

So which way would you place a £200 bet on someone's ability to survive?http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/back-a-newcomer-and-enhance-your-mgp-experience-1-8064005

Are the odds sensible?

Dear God can't whoever it is that's responsible for this stuff get rid of these plainly very troubled individuals.

So which way would you place a £200 bet on someone's ability to survive?http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/back-a-newcomer-and-enhance-your-mgp-experience-1-8064005

Are the odds sensible?

Dear God can't whoever it is that's responsible for this stuff get rid of these plainly very troubled individuals.

I can't be every where at once, I do have other shit to do.