Manx Radio DJ Autism Comments

Stu Peters causing a shit storm on facebook with his comments on Autistic children being in restaurants. Probably not the best sort of comment for facebook.

Some of the backlash is on his Talking heads page. https://www.facebook.com/ManxRadioTalkingHeads/

Perhaps he might kick autistic children from his Coffee Shop who have been 'inflicted' on others?

autism.jpg

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, I thought MF was a tough crowd until I posted on THAT group.   For the avoidance of doubt I have absolutely nothing against children with any physical or mental challenges, my initial post was

Time to draw a line under this. I will maintain on oath if necessary that my comments had absolutely nothing to do with autism and everything to do with badly behaved children in general, but I also s

How do children learn how to behave in public if they are never in public? How do autistic people learn to cope with public situations if they aren't exposed to public situations.

Posted Images

I've read the thread and in fairness to stu he's talking about badly behaved children in general being in restaurants. someone else has mentioned a kid causing issues was autistic and people have jumped on the bandwagon.it could have been worded better by stu but that's that group all over though only voice an opinion if it's in agreement with others otherwise there will be hell to pay.

• Like 12

I agree with Stu. Why would you take a wailing retard to a quiet restaurant where people have paid to eat good food in quiet surroundings?

They're going to be about as popular as a turd in a swimming pool, and presumably you wouldn't let them do that either. Whatever the reason for your child's behavioural problems don't let them spoil things for other people.

• Like 4

I'd have liked the full context of the comment

Its on that manx shops and services good and bad

Stu Peters Badly behaved children - whatever the reason - ruin a restaurant or cafe for all their other customers. My children were always well behaved if we ate out. The alternative is to feed them at home until they are capable of behaving properly.
Like · Reply · 20 · 23 hrs
13886937_1071154002922137_46519315281045
Jade Corrin I think your comment is very closed minded and ignorant. Have you had any involvement with an autistic child? You can't judge on how they are going to be as the simplest thing can trigger and I'm sorry but no child is perfect ever
Like · Reply · 16 · 15 hrs
12512470_10153271864315881_9125998248865
Stu Peters Exactly why you shouldn't inflict them on others if that's the case. My sincere sympathies to anyone dealing with autism or any other condition, it must be really difficult and you're only looking out for them, I know. But think of all the other people who may have a rare meal out ruined by 'apparent' bad behaviour. Remember, only you're the expert - to other people it's just an awkward or disruptive child.
Edited by thommo2010

Ah, I'll have to join it I suppose

Stu Peters Badly behaved children - whatever the reason - ruin a restaurant or cafe for all their other customers. My children were always well behaved if we ate out. The alternative is to feed them at home until they are capable of behaving properly.
Like · Reply · 20 · 23 hrs
13886937_1071154002922137_46519315281045
Jade Corrin I think your comment is very closed minded and ignorant. Have you had any involvement with an autistic child? You can't judge on how they are going to be as the simplest thing can trigger and I'm sorry but no child is perfect ever
Like · Reply · 16 · 15 hrs
12512470_10153271864315881_9125998248865
Stu Peters Exactly why you shouldn't inflict them on others if that's the case. My sincere sympathies to anyone dealing with autism or any other condition, it must be really difficult and you're only looking out for them, I know. But think of all the other people who may have a rare meal out ruined by 'apparent' bad behaviour. Remember, only you're the expert - to other people it's just an awkward or disruptive child.

The context is he's replying to a post that mentions that two of the children involved were autistic. So he knew what he was referring to when he added "- whatever the reason -".

There are some restaurants and some times of day (very few of either) where, and when, it might not be appropriate to take young children. Other than that if the restaurant accepts children, then you, as a patron, should expect and accept.

I'm lucky, no kids of my own, but I do take kids out, with their families, to restaurants and, after I've filled them with sugar and other things that'll make them hyperactive, I can just hand them back.

Seems to me there are two problems here, the old fashioned "we shouldn't be made to see, and confront our own prejudices about, the young, the disabled, those that are different" and a sort of snobbery.

I eat out lots here and abroad, in particular Spain and Bulgaria, kids are expected to eat out, often late by our standards, and generally they are well behaved, but they are allowed to wander and play and not "tied" down, restricted and bored. Best lunch I had with two young nephews was one with a large family party on the next table with 3 kids, one of whom was Downs.

He came over and stood next to one of my nephews, eventually, after lots of smiles, waving of hands etc., they held hands and went of and played, the others joined them. No common language, just acceptance and togetherness.

and they caused no bother and came back to eat when asked. I think they shared dessert at both tables.

Thing is no one worried, no one tried to stop it, no one got uptight, no one shouted or tried to control, so the kids didn't get upset and didn't "spoil" it for anyone. Generally, I find, these things are ruined by badly behaved adults anyway.

• Like 5

Just coming out of the woodwork to say it's not just autistic kids, but any disruptive kid. (Though if you've got a full on tard, come on, seriously, why are you even keeping them alive? It's inhumane and cruel)

BACK TO MY BOX

• Like 1