Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
jimbeam

Manx Radio DJ Autism Comments

You do have to wonder how many are genuine cases of autism or ADHD and how many have parents on FB all day and not giving them enough attention.

Still waiting for your opinion llap. Or are you all mouth and trousers? You know, like you accused everyone else of being....

You're not making any sense. You obviously didn't understand my original post, so please go back and re-read it. You'll see I didn't defend Gubay, I was criticising people who stood by and allowed it to happen and said nothing. God, it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.

I'm making a great deal more sense than you ever will.

Roly was done up like a kipper and there was nothing anyone could do about it due to Gubay's legal resources. Well, nothing anyone on MF or the general populace could do about it anyway.

So llap, in your opinion, who could have altered the outcome and yet stood by and allowed it to happen...?

If I was in an establishment and my enjoyment was being curtailed by some brats running riot then I would complain to the proprietor to sort it out. However it seems to me that the British don't like to complain. However IMHO you reach a certain age and experience where complaining is what you do....

ETA : thought I'd seen something recently on this:

"Café owner causes uproar over promise to tell off children having tantrums"

It also turned into an FB shitstorm.

Story http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/caf-owner-causes-uproar-over-promise-to-tell-off-children-having-tantrums-a7144531.html

Edited by P.K.
  • Like 1

You do have to wonder how many are genuine cases of autism or ADHD and how many have parents on FB all day and not giving them enough attention.

I don't know. Do you think many people fake autism? Or do you think doctors just make it up in order sound clever? You seem to be an expert so I thought I would just ask.

I did know a girl who suggested she had Aspergers because she just told people what she thought of them all the time and it upset people.

I was always suspicious that by self diagnosing like that and in the context given it was more justifying basic rudeness.

But I might be completely incorrect. And I daresay even if my suspicions were correct it would be 0.1% of all cases. I can't imagine another scenario why someone would "fake" autism or even if they could.

• Like 2

I'm confused.

How did Gubay get in on this thread?

Is he accused of having been autistic?

(It might explain some of his actions, mind)

I don't know. Do you think many people fake autism? Or do you think doctors just make it up in order sound clever? You seem to be an expert so I thought I would just ask.

I'm sure the expert Llap would reply anyone who has been through this process knows how long it takes and how complicated the road to an official diagnosis is, if you ever get there.

I'm sure the expert Llap would reply anyone who has been through this process knows how long it takes and how complicated the road to an official diagnosis is, if you ever get there.

Well Llap is apparently the expert so I'm really interested in hearing him back up that there aren't many genuine cases and it's all made up. Its great to have such a forum expert.

There were about 700 kids at our school. I knew most of them when I started and by the time I left I knew most of them. That's about 1400 kids. Yes there were one or two that had learning difficulties and some could be a rather naughty at times, including myself. But I don't remember any being on 'a spectrum' of any sort. I appreciate that some conditions may have been undiagnosed eg. dyslexia hadn't been invented back then - you were just thick. But there were certainly no children who could not be controlled. And there was none of this hyperactivity stuff that kids are allowed to do just about what they want.

I appreciate that this is an over simplification of the situation, but seriously, what has happened in those intervening years?

benefits

GPs tell them there is something wrong with the child just to make them go away, then these useless mothers can sit on faceplam the rest of their lifes complaining how they are hard done by and claiming benefits

Edited by woody2
  • Like 2

I appreciate that this is an over simplification of the situation, but seriously, what has happened in those intervening years?

People's rights taking preference over their responsibilities?

An increase of aggression?

Too much red meat?

Decline in social behaviour?

Bad parenting?

Too much TV?

Ill fitting shoes?

Bad hair day?

In other words, who knows?

Anyway, Stu seems to have taken the bullet for the actions of the landlord or manager (not sure which) of the offending(?) establishment. Weird.

Edited by Addie
  • Like 2

Llap didn't make a statement today he asked a question. How does asking a question make you an expert?

I'm confused.

How did Gubay get in on this thread?

Is he accused of having been autistic?

(It might explain some of his actions, mind)

He disappeared from the thread discussion but you brought him up again.

I see the irony of this post.

Anyway, someone mentioned free speech, then someone explained how free speech works on the Isle of Man and referred to being Drowered. It was pointed out that more correctly perhaps it should be called "being Gubayed".

Like the law that states every internet discussion eventually brings up Hitler and Nazism (record on manxforums was a post where the OP, possibly contrived, brought up Hitler and Nazism in the very first post) we could have a parallel law where Mr Gubay is eventually brought up.

Hitler and the Nazis haven't been mentioned in this thread yet.

flowers.gif

Edited by Rhumsaa

Pseudonyms don't stop this happening, sadly. Most people (myself included) don't have the self-discipline to entirely isolate an online persona from their real life.

it's hard work maintaining a complete anonymous identity on here I can tell you, luckily I've always managed it

Edited. Apologies for the double post... Loan phone from MT that's soon going out the window

Edited by tattysmcgee