Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
jimbeam

Manx Radio DJ Autism Comments

It autism needs to be very sever to claim Benfits. The child needs to be in a special unit at school and it must impact their daily lives in feeding, sleeping, safety and toilet needs to name a few.

Simply being on the spectrum won't help with added benifits.

And the added Benfits are to help with things like

Added laundry due to toilet accidents , clothes chewing, twisting etc

Different food due to dietary restrictions ( due to sensory or trouble swallowing )

New shoes due to toe walking or foot dragging

Special toothpaste due to sensory requirements or inability to spit

The list goes on

So the added benifits in truth only help offset these costs a small bit.

How hard must it be to spell "benefits"?

When your dyslexic like me ? Yup it can be very hard , thank you for pointing out my mistake.

Does it make you feel big to be able to pick on people who have issues? I also can't write with a pen, would you like to pick on me for that too?

. But you know what? I try damn hard and if you don't like it block me.

more self diagnosis? are the benefits as good in Canada? how did you ever get a visa?

Lol not going to even dignify the "self diagnosis" comment with an answer.

I have no idea about benifits in Canada as I have always worked and didn't need a visa as I'm Manx , thought the last name was kind of a give away to that.

Again with the personal attacks , ? Why?

I moved here from toronto canada

i offered them to move back to canada after a year here

?

Sorry I thought my post was a bit clearer in respect to what I was commenting on, the Original poster was not highlighting as such Autism and further down goes on to say as such.

Gladys asked JB was it the autistic children the OP was making reference to and JB said yes, I pasted exactly what her complaint was to show otherwise.

My other 2 points were 1) JB was instrumental in the who do we contact to complain and cause issue in Stu's workplace and 2) Not for the 1st time JB has been part of a pack looking to contact an employer over someone post on facebook.

In my opinion of course, but once you've suggested to send letters/emails/phone calls to someone's employer all because you don't like what they posted in their personal and private life, you simply lowered yourself to the same low level that your initially complaining about and thus no better!

Ok 1) I have been saying for him to NOT lose his job, I said to contact the commission as what he (mistakenly ) said was nothing to do with Manx radio and a personal view. There fore the commission would speak to him but there would be no fallback on his job.

2) I have never and would never call for someone's job because of a post, I only think that would be acceptable if that post was a direct conflict of their job.

So, if it was his personal view what has it got to do with the Commission? The only likely outcome would be that they would take it up with his employer, what else? So you recommended that people complain to the regulator (ie the big boys) of radio stations including MR, did you not think that would have repercussions for his relationship with his employer?

Absolutely do not want to attack you personally, Jenn, but I think you have consistently contradicted yourself, some would say back peddled, in this argument. You participated in the vicious response.

I must admit I don't understand the logic stated about contacting the commission.

The reasoning sounds either very misguided or an attempt at smoke and mirrors to avoid the true reasons

But I guess we'll never know for sure

people were flooding Manx radio with emails and calls, they only have a small staff and it was crippling them I was told. I was told that if people wanted to complain , if they contacted the commission he would be spoken to but it would not effect his job and would free up the valuable resources of staff at Manx radio.

I was offered this information by a Manx radio staff member via pm and did not call Manx radio or write them .

I hope this clears this up

I moved here from toronto canada

i offered them to move back to canada after a year here

?
Lol yes and?

That post was regarding my children who I moved here who dispite living in Canada ( and the Isle of Wight before that and the Isle of Man when they were babies ) they lived the iom and didn't want to move away.

Doesn't mean I'm not Manx

Edited by jennybrew

Sorry I thought my post was a bit clearer in respect to what I was commenting on, the Original poster was not highlighting as such Autism and further down goes on to say as such.

Gladys asked JB was it the autistic children the OP was making reference to and JB said yes, I pasted exactly what her complaint was to show otherwise.

My other 2 points were 1) JB was instrumental in the who do we contact to complain and cause issue in Stu's workplace and 2) Not for the 1st time JB has been part of a pack looking to contact an employer over someone post on facebook.

In my opinion of course, but once you've suggested to send letters/emails/phone calls to someone's employer all because you don't like what they posted in their personal and private life, you simply lowered yourself to the same low level that your initially complaining about and thus no better!

Ok 1) I have been saying for him to NOT lose his job, I said to contact the commission as what he (mistakenly ) said was nothing to do with Manx radio and a personal view. There fore the commission would speak to him but there would be no fallback on his job.

2) I have never and would never call for someone's job because of a post, I only think that would be acceptable if that post was a direct conflict of their job.

So, if it was his personal view what has it got to do with the Commission? The only likely outcome would be that they would take it up with his employer, what else? So you recommended that people complain to the regulator (ie the big boys) of radio stations including MR, did you not think that would have repercussions for his relationship with his employer?

Absolutely do not want to attack you personally, Jenn, but I think you have consistently contradicted yourself, some would say back peddled, in this argument. You participated in the vicious response.

I must admit I don't understand the logic stated about contacting the commission.

The reasoning sounds either very misguided or an attempt at smoke and mirrors to avoid the true reasons

people were flooding Manx radio with emails and calls, they only have a small staff and it was crippling them I was told. I was told that if people wanted to complain , if they contacted the commission he would be spoken to but it would not effect his job and would free up the valuable resources of staff at Manx radio.

I was offered this information by a Manx radio staff member via pm and did not call Manx radio or write them .

So you advised people to complain to the commission instead of Manx Radio so that he could be spoken to by his employer/the commission because Manx Radio couldn't handle the complaints being generated?

So you want his personal comment to have an impact on his job but not for him to be sacked?

So you advised people to complain to the commission instead of Manx Radio so that he could be spoken to by his employer/the commission because Manx Radio couldn't handle the complaints being generated?

So you want his personal comment to have an impact on his job but not for him to be sacked?

We are going in circles

I was told that it would have no impact on his job. I was told that people would just keep contacting Manx radio so to give a alternative for them to contact.

I was told it was a way for people to do somthing without impacting his job.

Edited to say sorry for the long quotes , I'm on my phone and unable to properly edit.

Edited by jennybrew

6 kids and living on benefits, reminds me of another loudmouth

Edited by woody2

It doesn't include me, since I don't post on any Facebook groups.

Of course you don't TJ

• Like 3

To Jenn, the Commission probably can't 'have a word', they will have specific powers which probably don't include this kind of review. They would, possibly, be acting outside of their powers, so I suspect you may have been ill-advised.

Time to draw a double line under this. How about we all agree that Stu, Jenny and the majority of people who post their opinions on Facebook groups are complete tools and leave it at that?

If that includes you, too.

draft-comma2-blog427.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma#Certain_adverbs

I stand corrected and accept your optional use

We are going in circles

I was told that it would have no impact on his job. I was told that people would just keep contacting Manx radio so to give a alternative for them to contact.

I was told it was a way for people to do somthing without impacting his job.

Edited to say sorry for the long quotes , I'm on my phone and unable to properly edit.

Ah ok.

None of it is your responsibility you were just doing what you were told.

Understood.

• Like 1