Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
jimbeam

Manx Radio DJ Autism Comments

To Jenn, the Commission probably can't 'have a word', they will have specific powers which probably don't include this kind of review. They would, possibly, be acting outside of their powers, so I suspect you may have been ill-advised.

I suspect I may have been yes. But again that could be why they said to contact them, as you say if it's not somthing they deal with than it could have been a way for people to complain but not impacted his job .

But what do you think the Commission would do? It actually puts things in a formal process, either they can deal with it or, as I suspect, it is not within their remit so can do nothing. What do you think the outcome of a complaint to any formal supervisory body would be? Possibly, if the complaint is upheld, a sanction of some sort. Or the complaint is rejected or not even considered because it does not fall within their powers.

It would be a bit like someone complaining about your posts to the public health authority, not within their scope, but it could cause a load of shite for you. I exaggerate to make a point, but hope you get my drift.

Can you tell me, were the children at the centre of this mess, your children jennbrew?

Can you tell me, were the children at the centre of this mess, your children jennbrew?

Nope to be honest I think it's been about a year

( last September) since I took my kids out to a restaurant and it's because of this exact issue.

Edited by jennybrew

But what do you think the Commission would do? It actually puts things in a formal process, either they can deal with it or, as I suspect, it is not within their remit so can do nothing. What do you think the outcome of a complaint to any formal supervisory body would be? Possibly, if the complaint is upheld, a sanction of some sort. Or the complaint is rejected or not even considered because it does not fall within their powers.

It would be a bit like someone complaining about your posts to the public health authority, not within their scope, but it could cause a load of shite for you. I exaggerate to make a point, but hope you get my drift.

Get your drift yes

I was only acting on information that was given to me. To be honest I had never heard of the commission before the message was sent to me.

People were going to continue calling Manx radio, no matter what SP said or I said or anyone said. So given the info I was given I thought it was the best option and would help the staff at Manx radio.

If I was wrong then I apologise to Stu , as I really thought it would help

( last September) since I took my kids out to a restaurant and it's because of this exact issue.

That they can't behave in a restaurant? Stu would hate them.

That they can't behave in a restaurant? Stu would hate them.
Well they certainly try to behave but my sons random sounds and my other sons self harm at loud sounds can cause comments and looks from people. My sons are old enough that they hear the comments and see the looks and get upset as they can't control themselves.

I did take one son out on his own last Guy Fawkes night though and the staff at Italian job were absolutely outstanding and were so accepting of him :-)

Edited by jennybrew

How does anyone know that Manx Radio was flooded with calls complaining about this matter, what utter tosh, why does this Brew woman think she is special that she can take her children into Restaurants and let them ruin other people's pleasure. I do not care if they are badly behaved because of hopeless parenting or they have an unfortunate condition they should not be taken to places where they cannot be controlled, end off, these parents who think they have a sublime right to subject other people to there offsprings behavioral problems make me sick and I am not alone.

• Like 1

To Jenn, the Commission probably can't 'have a word', they will have specific powers which probably don't include this kind of review. They would, possibly, be acting outside of their powers, so I suspect you may have been ill-advised.

I suspect I may have been yes. But again that could be why they said to contact them, as you say if it's not somthing they deal with than it could have been a way for people to complain but not impacted his job .

But what was your question to MR? Are you really busy at the moment? Or, I am really pissed off about what one of your presenters posted on FB, who do I complain to?

But what was your question to MR? Are you really busy at the moment? Or, I am really pissed off about what one of your presenters posted on FB, who do I complain to?
Again with the circles , as I already said, a staff member messaged me ( and a few others I've been told) and offered this information.

Why are we still going in circles over this? We are now over a week after stu said sorry and this is still going on. I'm being questioned and attacked for making a post , like MANY others did, and I have even been positively advocating for him on Facebook and even on the Manx newspaper page , saying it needs to stop . I have publicly said sorry to stu if my commission comment caused him issue , and I have tried to be nice and answer all questions everyone has had but still I am the bad one and being attacked ?

why does this Brew woman think she is special that she can take her children into Restaurants and let them ruin other people's pleasure. I do not care if they are badly behaved because of hopeless parenting or they have an unfortunate condition they should not be taken to places where they cannot be controlled, end off, these parents who think they have a sublime right to subject other people to there offsprings behavioral problems make me sick and I am not alone.

Right so I should lock my children away and never take them out? That's the human and proper thing to do?

What about school? Cause you know your children could see them right?

Or doctors office? Hospitals? Cause they could disturb you when your visiting someone.

Oh I guess parks are out too? They could wreck you or your kids enjoymet there too.

So my only option is to tell my sons to never ever leave the house again as they upset people and disturb them. Yea I'm sure that's the perfect solution. Let's lock up every child that has health problems ... Oh wait are kids in wheelchairs to be locked up too? I mean if they have amputations will that stop you enjoying yourself? Or is it just the ones with autism that need locking up?

I mean if we are gonna do this, we need proper boundaries right ? So are Down syndrome ok? What about deaf? Blind? Canes or walking sticks?

Why don't we just lock every kid that has any special need away so that no one has to look at them ???

would that make you happy?

What about Steven Hawkins ? Is he welcome in your world or is there a age that it's acceptable for us to unlock our doors and let our kids out in public?

I'm sorry but I have tried to be polite but now I really am bloody annoyed. People like you have actually walked up to my son and called him names. Bloody grown adults!!!!

Someone did it years ago and it still upsets him today. But he's autistic so it's ok right? They don't have feelings. They don't sit up in their rooms at 3 am at 15 years of age, crying because someone called them a retard and a freak , right?

They don't fall off thier bike and break their arm and not cry because of the pain but because of the fear that no one would help them because people hate them. Or cry when a child runs over and helps them call their parents so he can be rushed to hospital because of the broken arm. Cries because someone helped them because they thought no one would NOT because of his arm.

Yea they don't have feelings or thoughts or hopes or asperations , do they?

God sake I'm done.

I just hope to hell none of you negative people saying these disgusting things, ever have a child or granchild that has ANY issues cause God forbid that child will have no help in hell to survive.

Edited by jennybrew

You're going in circles because you keep responding saying the same things over and over.

the same questions are being asked so I keep answering them yes. Should I make up some elaborate new answer each time the same question is asked?

Again with the circles , as I already said, a staff member messaged me ( and a few others I've been told) and offered this information.

Curiouser and curiouser.