Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
jimbeam

Manx Radio DJ Autism Comments

If you don't want to go round in circles, yes.

Or better yet I just won't answer 😊 I have told my side, I have said sorry to stu and I have tried to explain as best I can. So unless there's any actual honest questions about autism that are asked then there's no need to post in this thread I guess.

Nothing is left to say that hadn't already been said I don't think.

Not quite the full story from your side, I would venture.

ok so what is missing? What information can I give that I haven't already, to stop all this?
  • Like 1

So, a MR employee posts something that you and others disagree with and then you think that the thing to do is complain to the Communications Commission and advise everyone on the FB thread to complain to the Commission.

When it is gently pointed out to you that that was not a great idea, you then say you were told to do it by a MR staff member because they were so inundated by complaints and you thought it would help them out. The natural inference being that you had complained to MR and were told to make a complaint to the CC.

Then when I ask what was the question you asked to get that advice, it would seem that this was a MR staff member who messaged you in their personal capacity, presumably. I am guessing that MR did not decide to forestall any complaints from you by premptively messaging you to go to the CC.

As I say, curiouser and curiouser.

Yup . I'm told that I'm not the only person who was asked to contact the CC instead of MR. We were told that MR staff were " crippled by the amount of calls, texts, emails, Facebook posts on MR pages and even tweets" and that " if people were to contact the commission instead of MR, it would be looked at " but as it was a " personal opinion on a personal profile, it would not cause issues with his position at MR"

Yup . I'm told that I'm not the only person who was asked to contact the CC instead of MR. We were told that MR staff were " crippled by the amount of calls, texts, emails, Facebook posts on MR pages and even tweets" and that " if people were to contact the commission instead of MR, it would be looked at " but as it was a " personal opinion on a personal profile, it would not cause issues with his position at MR"

Seriously, what sort of person contacts Manx Radio about this.

fs

• Like 1

I'm guessing the claim that MR were crippled by complaints is bullshit. For example, I can't find any tweets addressed at manxradio abut this. They probably got a few messages from the Love To Be Offended brigade and couldn't be arsed wasting time on them (can't blame'em), so tried to (rightly or wrongly, or maybe not at all, seeing that it's not beyond the FB mob to make things up) deflect it to some other poor sod at the CC to endure, well knowing that the issue will be forgotten in a few days time. If anyone really did complain to the CC, then that's a special level of silly, but many of the FB brigade presumably have nothing else or better to do.

• Like 1

If you look at the CC's website, their remit does not include regulating comments by radio staff in their personal capacity. So, why on earth would a MR member of staff pm all the offended to advise them to do just that?

If you look at the CC's website, their remit does not include regulating comments by radio staff in their personal capacity. So, why on earth would a MR member of staff pm all the offended to advise them to do just that?

it's called 'buck passing' govt departments are also very skilled in this area, they should have told people to phone the Samaritans because at least they'd pretend to care and massage little egos to shut the whiners up and make them feel important and listened to..

• Like 1

You're just being a bit of an arse Gladys.

It's quite clear what happened. Manx Radio gets a lot of calls and messages. Initially, it doesn't want to get involved. Gives stock reply that doesn't satisfy the complainants. Then someone at MR latched on to the idea that if people weren't happy with their response the next step was their regulator - much like a complaint about a bank can be passed to the Financial Ombudsman. Obviously this was wrong but staff in unusual circumstances make mistakes, especially when the management don't give guidance.

Jenny passed that info on in good faith. What's the big deal?

Edited by Declan
  • Like 1

Seriously, what sort of person contacts Manx Radio about this.

fs

Exactly the sort of sad fuckers who are overly touchy, too easily offended and need to toughen up a bit.

I can tell you that Manx Radio were definitely hit with a number of callers into the place. I spoke to someone who was dealing with calls. Some daft cow was even asking the person taking the call "do you agree with SP and what is your personal view?".

It's all a bit comical really. Especially given that the thrust of Stu's point is absolutely correct.

• Like 3