Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
jimbeam

Manx Radio DJ Autism Comments

You're just being a bit of an arse Gladys.

It's quite clear what happened. Manx Radio gets a lot of calls and messages. Initially, it doesn't want to get involved. Gives stock reply that doesn't satisfy the complainants. Then someone at MR latched on to the idea that if people weren't happy with their response the next step was their regulator - much like a complaint about a bank can be passed to the Financial Ombudsman. Obviously this was wrong but staff in unusual circumstances make mistakes, especially when the management don't give guidance.

Jenny passed that info on in good faith. What's the big deal?

Yes, and of course they all forced Stu to post it and make an arse of himself in the first place. That's the worse bit - shame on them for having children that forced Stu to make a crass, idiotic, ill-advised, comment about their kids behaviour. I'm amazed there is still so much indignation displayed in this thread about something Stu categorical did which was catastrophically ill advised and stupid. Then rather than deal with it sensibly he dug a massive hole for himself and his supporters made it 10 times worse also. The fact that it's still rumbling on over a week later is purely down to people trying to sling mud in an attempt to make Stu look slightly less bad.

He made a complete twat of himself, people got upset, get over it.

• Like 2

But what do you think the Commission would do? It actually puts things in a formal process, either they can deal with it or, as I suspect, it is not within their remit so can do nothing. What do you think the outcome of a complaint to any formal supervisory body would be? Possibly, if the complaint is upheld, a sanction of some sort. Or the complaint is rejected or not even considered because it does not fall within their powers.

It would be a bit like someone complaining about your posts to the public health authority, not within their scope, but it could cause a load of shite for you. I exaggerate to make a point, but hope you get my drift.

Get your drift yes

I was only acting on information that was given to me. To be honest I had never heard of the commission before the message was sent to me.

People were going to continue calling Manx radio, no matter what SP said or I said or anyone said. So given the info I was given I thought it was the best option and would help the staff at Manx radio.

If I was wrong then I apologise to Stu , as I really thought it would help

who sent you this message?

I wondered that too. A company sending private messages to Jennbrew and other people on facebook advising them to contact this body or that body to complain about one of their workmates? Odorous.

But then I'm also somewhat confused why Jennbrew seems to have become the voice of the people on facebook and on the media on a matter that neither she nor her children were referred to.

• Like 4

Brilliant. Took me back a bit, to the original That's Life! programme too. What a load of bollocks that was.

I wondered that too. A company sending private messages to Jennbrew and other people on facebook advising them to contact this body or that body to complain about one of their workmates? Odorous.

But then I'm also somewhat confused why Jennbrew seems to have become the voice of the people on facebook and on the media on a matter that neither she nor her children were referred to.

Was a staff member in their own account.

I'm not the voice on the matter. I'm just stubborn enough to reply and try and educate people I think. I have been on media many times over the last few months because of Boards & Brews though. Maybe because of the concept of the cafe be employing ASD youth, and me wanting more education on ASD and how it effects people, I seem more vocal than others.

IMHO good on her for standing up for others who can't stand up for themselves.

• Like 2

Thank yo llap

Still bemused befuddled, this does not make any sense.

Fixed!

• Like 1

We should all stand up for people who are unable to defend themselves, but in a measured manner. Surely the parents concerned did just that at the time?

I know that I would have defended my children against the landlord's(?) remarks if they were unjust. But I'd have done so at the time, privately and extremely firmly.

If a child is kicking off and the parent is doing nothing about it, are we to assume they are on the spectrum?

Edited by gettafa

If a child is kicking off and the parent is doing nothing about it, are we to assume they are on the spectrum?

If a fat old man orders food do we expect them to have a heart attack or choke whilst filling their fat face with food, or when they constantly get up and down due to a weak bladder / vaping addiction do we empathize of just find them an inconvenience?

If a fat old man orders food do we expect them to have a heart attack or choke whilst filling their fat face with food, or when they constantly get up and down due to a weak bladder / vaping addiction do we empathize of just find them an inconvenience?

If someone had a heart attack at a restaurant that would really irritate me. It's pretty inconsiderate all that grasping for breath and thrashing around. Then all the noise and upset of the paramedics coming in and all those flashing lights. Not to mention they'll have the door open all the time as the paramedics come in and out to sort him out so it will be freezing. Anyone going out with a heart condition is a selfish bastard to me. Do they realize how much they could ruin my nice quiet meal out? They should know better and stay at home if they can't guarantee they won't have a heart attack and spoil it for everyone else.