Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
war baby

Jurby Day online timetable

I was trying to understand what time it actually started. And if there was any set times for certain things.

Does it kick off at lunch time?

Edited by notwell

It's a bit frustrating there appears to be no schedule.

What time does it start?

I heard today Graeme Crosby is there? As a kid he was one of my favourite riders purely for his continued popping up of the front wheel every time he came out of Parliament Square all the way up to the bus station.

The track action begins at 10am and is a rolling programme with a break for lunch. I think what happens in the morning is repeated during the afternoon.

I understood that they were trying to get the flypast later to keep people at the show but not sure if this was able to be achieved?

• Like 1

I'm getting there for 0800 to help sign in the participants , including ordinary members of the VMCC who have chosen to 'parade' their machinery and past MGP riders/legends. Looking forward to seeing some of the track action and a pie from "Betty's" , all that and heaven too biggrin.png

IOM Courier says flypast will be at Jurby on Sunday. No details.

Refuelling will be at Ronaldsway near Manx Aviation and Military Museum between 10:30 and 11:00.

Wouldn't disagree , I help out at Jurby , perhaps you are just the chap to offer your services to publicise the event, you could always join the VMCC , you get about 4 track days to parade your vintage/veteran/classic bikes per year ( got to be worth it for that alone ).

I'd be happy to help with social media etc and would freely give my time to publicise events etc but I'm not paying to join to do so :)

I already give my time freely to help out at the Motor Museum and give one day a week to them at present and I (and a few other like-minded individuals) are keen to make sure that everything car related that happens on the island gets out to as many interested parties as possible.

There's nothing worse than missing out on something you are interested in, or getting the wrong information and wasting your time turning up to something that either isn't happening or is scheduled for a different time so yes, if your club would like some help in that respect in the future, I am happy to help. :)

• Like 4

I imagine the government puts some money into this event. I still wonder why there is so little 'official' publicity available by the tourist department. It's not just this time, whenever I try to discover 'what's on' it is like attempting to penetrating a secret society.

The Courier is not delivered where I live and I can't listen to Manx Radio.

Thanks for the interesting responses to my post.

More generally, why is there not one well laid out concise website reporting 'what's on' in the island. Or is there?

I use these two - very good lists:

http://www.iomguide.com/events/event-list.php

http://www.visitisleofman.com/whatson/events.aspx

If you know anyone that can add their event to the lists then please encourage them to do it.

Edited by TurricanII

http://www.iomtt.com/Classic-TT/News/2016/August/22/BBMF-VMCC-Festival-of-Jurby.aspx

This says 1 pm for the flyby. (I believe they're coming from Rhyl to Lancaster, and stopping at Ronaldsway)

I believe the Lancaster is currently tech though, which is a shame because I saw it at Ronaldsway once doing a very low fly past and I came. I came hard. So it'll just be the Hurricane and Spitfire, which are still beautiful aircraft

Thanks Tarne! See you there.

Yeah thanks Tarne, except for the bit about your ejaculatory habits which totaliy ruined my breakfast.

• Like 1

Went up to Jurby Day. What an excellent day out.

Some wonderful bikes around and some former great riders showing those bikes off.

Had a 15 minute blast on the karts and put some manners on my daughters boyfriend. First time I've been to the karts since it moved to the proper track. It's really good.

Where was this advertised? I had no idea it was in until after it finished?

Two 'What's on' websites I posted three posts back

Well, I discovered it from MF, but it was not on the Local Events forum. Anyway, if you managed to find it, it was a great day out.