Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
war baby

Jurby Day online timetable

Where was this advertised? I had no idea it was in until after it finished?

It was advertised all over, and at least 10,000 people did manage to find it so I am not sure what more they could do

Where was this advertised? I had no idea it was in until after it finished?

It was advertised all over, and at least 10,000 people did manage to find it so I am not sure what more they could do

I've been thinking about this recently. I barely ever read the paper or listen to local radio any more, and I bet I'm not the only one. So how do people with events to advertise reach people like me?

I would probably notice a text message. Facebook news feed is really flaky, I often get the posts after the event.

Maybe billboards are the answer?

It's been on every year for the past 4 years. On the middle Sunday of the two weeks.

If you don't listen to radio, read the local paper or look at the Internet I don't know what you expect. A loud hailer or personal phone call? (Sigh)

strange ,given that you have posted that you have ridden more miles on a motorcycle than anyone else on the site and that you are a "road race fan".flowers.gif

Shame on you Mr ManxTaxPayer. Such local events as this organised by grass roots enthusiasts need to be fully supported by all who enjoy motor sport, whether on two or four wheels. Next year, please make more of an effort.

Anyone with an interest in bikes has missed a cracking day.

Did anyone get a look at the road going Honda Moto GP bike in by the late 80s 588 Norton?

Plater rode it on the day. 150k worth. Almost identical to full Marquez spec. Awesome piece of kit.

Edited by notwell

@war baby - to be fair, it was extremely well supported.

Bus Vannin - note for future years - run more busses and run them from one side only, not both bloody sides - people didn't know where to queue. Sunday service is meant to drop off and pick up on the industrial estate, not on the main road.

Taxi firms - get all of your vehicles out as well, you could have made an absolute killing on the day!

Aside from that, hats off to all of the people involved and all those that were doing catering etc (and the Guard House Cafe) mega queues everywhere so all staff definitely earned their keep. The motor museum was extremely busy as well and there was a good turnout there of classic and modern cars and a really good vibe all day long.

Such a shame the Lancaster didn't make it over, I was really looking forward to seeing (and hearing) that.

• Like 1