petrol prices on the way up again

We buy various commodities on a daily basis and from what we have seen over the past few months on imported items, you can look forward to anything that isn't originated in sterling being hiked by at least 10% imminently. In fact it's already happening.

I noticed that the petrol has gone up to £1.17 again this week, isn't it supposed to come down once the visitors have been fleeced? Maybe the OFT can arrange a two year investigation and find nothing wrong again.

I saw 113.9 / 115.9 rural Newquay on Sunday, so 117 is not bad at all! It's slowly creeping up round here...

Must fill up next month.

was in England last couple of weeks petrol was around 114/115 except asda which was 108

ASDA Lancaster 105.7 two weeks ago

Edited for: greater accuracy (just found the receipt!)

funnily enough it was asda lancaster I went to yesterday 107.9 I think it was

Not a meaningful comparison of course. Supermarket petrol is a loss-leader.

It's a pity our TESCO is in a cul de sac. Otherwise they might have put a petrol station in and given us some competition.

But you wouldn't get competition. You'd get cheap prices for a while until they had killed off the local competition and then you'd be in their pocket for ever at whatever price they wanted to give you.

• Like 1

Not a meaningful comparison of course. Supermarket petrol is a loss-leader.

It's a pity our TESCO is in a cul de sac. Otherwise they might have put a petrol station in and given us some competition.

But you wouldn't get competition. You'd get cheap prices for a while until they had killed off the local competition and then you'd be in their pocket for ever at whatever price they wanted to give you.

Or the competition had had a cosy chat and pointed out the error of their ways? No need to rock the boat now, enough for all of us....and Eddie needs as much duty as he can get, too...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...