• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They know the risks.

I don't recall ever seeing you in there

Didn't the tourist information centre used to be next to the Sefton? I'm thinking late 80s early 90s.

Because they'd have to pay staff £22.74 per hour to work after 6.

Wow, really? If this is true I'm actually gobsmacked! You would have thought that as a Welcome Centre it would open to welcome visitors arriving.

Correct and why can't the staff work shifts like many others have to do in order to meet the needs of those they are meant to serve.

Those same staff would be p'd off if, when they finish at 6 o'clock, they found the petrol station, supermarket, fast food outlet, even the airport or Steam Packet etc. closed because staff wouldn't work beyond 6 o'clock. Crazy, they should think themselves lucky to have a job, full stop.

• Like 4

I wonder how much 'welcoming' the Welcome Centre actually needs to do. Presumably the first thing you want to do when you get off the boat isn't to start collecting leaflets or buying souvenirs - especially if you are arriving in the evening. All you want to do is get to where you are staying, unpack and find something to eat. And much of the information that people might have needed in the past, they can look up in advance or on their phones/tablets/whatever. It may be that even if the place was open with longer hours, they wouldn't get much custom.

• Like 3

Because they'd have to pay staff £22.74 per hour to work after 6.

Wow, really? If this is true I'm actually gobsmacked! You would have thought that as a Welcome Centre it would open to welcome visitors arriving.

Especially during the TT period.

Arriving from an evening sailing to find the centre closed isn't exactly welcoming.

I wonder how much 'welcoming' the Welcome Centre actually needs to do. Presumably the first thing you want to do when you get off the boat isn't to start collecting leaflets or buying souvenirs - especially if you are arriving in the evening. All you want to do is get to where you are staying, unpack and find something to eat. And much of the information that people might have needed in the past, they can look up in advance or on their phones/tablets/whatever. It may be that even if the place was open with longer hours, they wouldn't get much custom.

They don't do that much welcoming on the grounds that even when they are in there some of them are spectacularly rude to deal with.

• Like 2

Even tourist offices in major cities are usually only open during office hours.

City of London Tourist Information

Monday to Saturday 9.30am-5.30pm
Sunday 10am-4pm

TImes Square Tourist Information

9am - 6pm daily

You people live in a fucking dream world.

• Like 1

Even tourist offices in major cities are usually only open during office hours.

City of London Tourist Information

Monday to Saturday 9.30am-5.30pm

Sunday 10am-4pm

TImes Square Tourist Information

9am - 6pm daily

You people live in a fucking dream world.

That's a false equivalency. London and Time Square have travel links that operate all day and night, not at a few specific times of the day. They're also not located at one of only two entry points.

Personally, I think the IOM Welcome Centre should be shut down. They're useless.

• Like 1

Good place to buy your musical legend concert tickets.

• Like 2