EU apparently threatens economic sanctions against IOM and CI?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Incidentally, I also reckon that apart from getting our own ducks in a row, this is one more reason for playing the long game on triggering Article 50. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that m

How so? Hasn't OECD given IOM (don't know about the others) a clean bill of health?   The EU is a spent force. It is it's own worst enemy. Imagine creating a United States of Europe where there are

Of course it is. It's in the Guardian.

I'd rather we joined the EU as an seperate entity, same as Gibraltar and Scotland probably will. Our politicians might not be the best, but they're a help of a lot better than the nut jobs running the UK these days.

You will have to take what you are given. You are not independent. You are not sovereign. You will have to be independent before you can negotiate to be an EU member..

You have not got the capacity to undertake the full range of obligations of an EU member as you do not have the "beef" the clout, the money and the capacity to become Acquis Communitaire....

You will have to go through a procedure of showing that you can join the Eurozone before joining the EU and this adjustment to your economy and your ways and means can take several years.

You will have to be part of the Eurozone and adopt the Euro as it is compulsory for new members...

You will not be allowed to have work permits..You will have to accept the Single Market and free movement etc..You will have to pay into EU funds...You will have to elect an MEP...Your tax "planning" and other incentives will not be acceptable...And they don't want you anyway!

As ever, you will have to be content with whatever the UK can get for you..Although you will be allowed to "sit in " on the Brexit action.

Now you know why the old and bold have jumped ship and not stood for election.

• Like 1

I'd rather we joined the EU as an seperate entity, same as Gibraltar and Scotland probably will. Our politicians might not be the best, but they're a help of a lot better than the nut jobs running the UK these days.

You will have to elect an MEP...

Barrie, the average single EU constituency is just short of half a million. We don't even register. We'd be tagged on to an Irish MEP if anything. Anyway, not going to happen. They don't want us, we don't want them and more to the point, the EU is in its dotage.

• Like 2

Independence? Join the EU separately? The Isle of Man CANNOT survive alone. The UK is absolutely vital to our economy, just look at the travel data. It's absolutely ludicrous to even think that.

You'll get screwed over by the UK when they claim the Isle of Man with half a frigate sailing past. Barrie outlines it perfectly well above, and Woolley correctly points out the EU doesn't want us.

It really is like some posters live in la-la land. Probably doing street dumps and drugs in their spare time.

(And Woolley, the smallest MEP seat is for German speaking Belgians, and that's 77k, so technically size doesn't matter so much, but your other points stand, I was just pointing it out)

You're a shite troll. Probably worse than MTP, which is quite some going.thumbsup.gif

You say Troll but I don't think you know what that word means.

I know you're not a troll. It could be that your views are so ridiculous that although genuinely held they could be taken for trolling.

• Like 1

You're a shite troll. Probably worse than MTP, which is quite some going.thumbsup.gif

I know you're not a troll. It could be that your views are so ridiculous that although genuinely held they could be taken for trolling.

See Woolley gets it. Even though our views are diametrically opposite (even to extremes sometimes), we each believe our view points genuinely and don't post them just to antagonise.

See Woolley gets it. Even though our views are diametrically opposite (even to extremes sometimes), we each believe our view points genuinely and don't post them just to antagonise.

w00t.gifw00t.gif

Play nice, boys!

• Like 1